Dr. Ali Shakir MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 16th, 2013
Very Professional and Caring
I was referred to Dr. Ali Shakir by a team of doctors at a Center for Pain Management where he was practicing in 2010 after chiropractic, medical massage, and physical therapy programs at the clinic did not resolve my back pain. Within a short period of time, I was relieved of my pain through a series of injections he performed on my lower back. Two injections were the same type of medication and provided relief for a short period of time; 6 months to a year. The third injection was a more involved process with a different approach/medication and seemed to be the most effective; lasting for a longer period of time. Recently, my back pain re-occurred. I had to locate Dr. Shakir through researching the internet as he had left the previous Center for Pain Management and started his own practice. It was important to me to locate him, not only because of his skill for doing back injections to relieve pain, but also because of personal qualities he exhibited toward me. Dr. Shakir genuinely listened to me and seemed very empathetic regarding my situation. He performed a thorough exam of my back, studied my MRI, and talked with me about his plan for treatment, even asking me if I agreed with the direction he wanted to go. I felt very involved in the decision making regarding what was best for me and my medical situation. I highly recommend this doctor for treatment of back pain. However, if you are looking for someone who will prescribe tons of medication, he in not the one! He is a serious professional.

October 18th, 2011