Dr. Alice Asby Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alice Asby?

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Alice Asby?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 5 Ratings with 1 Comment

April 10th, 2016

Alice W. Asby is the Worst Psychiatrist EVER

If you get this woman referred to you, avoid her like the plague. She is hostile and authoritarian. I have expressed my wish, many times, to have a friendly partnership, in my treatment. Her response was to slam her fist down on her desk and tell me "that we will never be friends!". I didn't ask her for a friendship but that the relationship be cordial. She exhibited her unwillingness to listen and ask pertinent questions because I had expressed my concerns that we were not getting along (unlike the relationships with my other treaters). She is a tally taker. She has a list of questions to check off but she is not interested in the person. She doesn't allow for questions or other viewpoints and shuts down all conversation. Worst of all, she uses threats like, "if you miss an appointment with me I'll be forced to do something." But, she leaves you hanging with what the consequences will be. So, as a client, you are left to speculate. She doesn't give out her business phone number, doesn't make her own appointments and doesn't return phone and emails even when its iniatated by another therapist, in regards to your treatment. We tried for 4 weeks without a response. And, she never smiles. She just opens her door, looks at me and nods. It is meant to intimidate and gives an air of coldness and power. It is a very unpleasant feeling. One that I do not like experiencing everytime I see her. Oh. One last thing that bothers me because my previous psychiatrists acted opposite of her, in every way; Asby never gives a 90 day supply so that you can get your medicatios cheaper, by mail. (I have been on the same meds for 4 years.)

July 24th, 2017