Dr. Alice Blount MD Patient Reviews

• 2 reviews

October 22nd, 2011
I highly recommend Dr.Alice Blount,she is a caring person(professional) whose goal is to treat all patients with courtesy and respect and gives a diagnosis when she has all the facts and symptoms( that what takes so long) she does not look at a clock and rush off she makes office visits worthwhile for her patients. She is a great doctor who treats all ages from pre-natal to geriatric patients. If you are looking for a doctor who "listens" and treats patients as people perhaps you should make an appointment, you will glad you did.

September 16th, 2011
i wouldn't recommend her
I wouldn't recommend anyone to this Dr. She is generally a nice person and appears caring, but she sees too many patients to give them the attention they deserve.1.My husband went to see her for a bacterial infection and she prescribed 2 weeks of antibiotics. After the 2 weeks of treatment, my husband had a blood test to determine whether the infection is gone. The blood test showed the infection was cleared, but Dr. Blount mistakenly looked at the lab report done before the antibiotic treatment (which was placed on top of the new one) and prescribed him another 2 weeks of antiobiotic. He was doubtful and insisted her to check again. Thats when she realized that she was looking at the old lab report.2.Dr. Blount delivered my son. He had severe jaundice due to complication at birth. Her nurse drew the blood at 9am, and she told us to wait for the lab result from her. We didnt hear anything back from her, and decided to call in around 4 pm. After checking the record, she realized that her staff forgot to send the blood for lab test. During the meantime, my son was turning visibly yellower. The lab quickly had the test done and determined that he needed immediate treatment. We took my son back to the hospital and stayed there overnight. That was on day 5 after my C-section, and the overnight hospital stay could have been easily avoided if her staff didnt forget to send the blood sample to the lab earlier in the day.3.Dr. Blount is a non-believer of C-section. After 22 hours of labor with no success of delivering my son myself, she chose to use vacuum to pull the little guy out. But the little guy was stubborn and refused to come out that way. She kept trying, until I was seriously torn all the way from vagina to cervix, and required emergency C-section. I lost almost half of my blood during birth and was not able to produce enough breast milk in the 1st month. My son came out with a cone shaped head (like aliens in the movies) that is soft to touch due to huge bruises, which caused his severe jaundice.