Dr. Alice Calhoun Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alice Calhoun?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Alice Calhoun?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2017

Started off good and went down hill.

She uses to he very attentive, thorough and explained things very well. The last two visits she was standoffish and seemed annoyed. Kept looking at me like I had three heads and didn't address my issue. My son saw her too. Has curved spine. Sent for X-ray's. It's been months and I haven't heard a word! She's become very negligent.

January 23rd, 2016

A really good doctor and staff

I am a retired Health Educator and found Dr. Calhoun to be respectful and helpful in getting my initial gynecological examination done. She listened to what I had to say and followed-up with the care that I needed. I highly recommend her and her staff for their knowledge, courtesy and follow-up

December 23rd, 2015

Dr. Calhoun is really a great and caring Dr.

So glad to have found a Dr. who cares and is very good. Dr. Calhoun is a great Dr. in my opinion. Highly recommend.

October 5th, 2015

Things have changed.

I don't know what's happened, but she has become much sharper and ruder with her patients. Maybe it's something personal, but I no longer feel that she is listening to me at all. I come prepared, knowing I have limited time with a doctor. But last visit I could not get my message across for being interrupted by her telling me what she thought I was trying to say. Please, be appreciative of the time it took for me to make a med sheet to hand you instead of not knowing my meds, please don't dismiss what other doctors I've had to see have had to say, and please don't make me feel like I'm wasting your time. I'm at the point where I am ready to pay out of pocket and get a new Primary Care Physician than deal with this.

January 27th, 2015

Uneducated and rude

Awful. Came in with painful diabetic neuropathy symptoms and seeking a referral for post partum depression and she told me I'm not in that much pain since I was able to make it here today and that my pain was related to heartburn. She was rude, uneducated about type one diabetes and its complications, gave me no "help" except a prescription for heartburn (I've actually never had heartburn even once in my life), and let a suffering mother walk out the door with no assistance or direction for post natal mental health care in the area. There is apparently a mental health clinic attached to her office, which I only found out about because one of the office staff members mentioned it to me. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy take their ailing pet cockroach to this woman.

October 9th, 2013

Excellent family physician

We recently moved to St Michaels from Florida and looked for a local family doctor. We met with Dr. Calhoun and found her to be very thorough and genuinely interested in addressing your health concerns. St Michaels is very fortunate to have such a fine physician such as Dr Calhoun.

September 13th, 2012

Other reviews are wildly opposite of my experience

Office staff have always been very courteous and helpful. Dr. Calhoun has always listened to my concerns & questions as a patient, and offered understanding and support while continuing to do her job as a doctor. My wait time has never been any longer than other wait times that I've experienced at other doctor offices. Lab work is super easy and no appointment is necessary. Nurse visits are always available as well for minor issues. I do know this office has just taken on many new patients as a local physician has recently retired, so getting a "new" patient appointment is now longer than before. I had to leave a review because my experiences at this office have been so drastically different than what others are saying.

August 13th, 2012

Mrs.

My husband and I both are patients of Dr. Calhoun. We find her to be a very pleasant and thorough Doctor. She is not an alarmist but will not hesita ...

January 3rd, 2012

Un-satisfied

I am the last one to jump on the bandwagon, but I have to agree that this office is less than impressive. Getting anyone from this staff to call you back is ridiculous. There is a lot of shuck and jive talk from the doctor in an attempt to make you feel better, but after all the fluff there is no follow up what so ever. Very sad practice.

June 23rd, 2011

Zero out of Five

I tried to make an appointment for an annual physical and was completely put off by the office staff, a receptionist and Nurse Molly. Dr. Calhoun must already have all the patients she will ever need because she seems to have set it up to discourage any new ones.

March 4th, 2010

This M.D. violates the Hypocratic Oath and makes unbelievably malicious decisions which just plain stops a patient's lifelong career. She and her medical group CEO do not even know the "rules" pertaining to the standards of the group. My first visit with her as a new Dr. began with her removing a 40-year mild non-narcotic medication which is necessary for me to continue with 35 years of a profession. She didn't even recognize the severe shock that followed her ending my life's mission as an advocate/educator. She then yelled to all that could hear that I should have my psychiatrist fill my prescription -- and I have never even met a psychiatrist! She commits slander and libel, and worse....If you need a Dr., do not see this woman, who is not prepared to deal with life situations which mean the difference between keeping a person alive/functioning/happily busy and an early death from extreme stress and having no purpose in living....

April 2nd, 2009

Caution, get a second opinion.