Dr. Alice Friedman Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alice Friedman?

Posted on June 22nd, 2015

I had a horrible experience with Dr. Friedman. After an Endoscopy, she misdiagnoised me with a life altering condition and prescribed a very dangerous medicine, all this in a 2 minute conversation. Said to follow up with her in 6 weeks. Went for a second opinion and was told to disregard everything she told me and also indicated they never prescribe the medicine she recommended. This is a great lesson to obtain second opinions as there are many incompenent doctors like Alice Friedman.

Who Knows?

Posted on February 17th, 2015

I never got to see her. No response to the on-line request for an appointment. When I made one over the phone, I showed up at the designated time and date only to be told that they didn't have me down for it and that it would be some weeks before I could get in to see the doctor. Mistakes of this kind make me wary of the capacity of a practice!

First visit

Posted on February 17th, 2014

My visit with Dr. Friedman, was very professional. I would highly recommend her as you gastro dr. Her bed side manner was immaculate. She was very attentive and precise. The staff works as a team. Go team go!!

Posted on March 31st, 2013

The best gastro doctor I've seen in Austin. Takes time, worked to find and diagnose the problem and follow-up care has been first rate

Posted on October 4th, 2012

I love this doctor. She will diagnosed you right away and will explain everything to you.

Hepititis C - Cured

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

Dr. Friedman treated me for Hep several years ago. The treatment involved me injecting myself once per week, and taking a pill regimen daily. At the end of the year's protocol, there was still some of the virus in my blood. Dr. Friedman immediately suggested I get on a newly approved protocol with different drugs. At the end of this second year, I was completely clear of the virus. Had she not suggested this, I could have gone back to a full-blown case of Hep C.

Very Happy

Posted on August 20th, 2012

Very happy with Dr Friedman. I've seen 3 other gastro doctors in the Austin area....she is by far the best that I've seen. Wait time is no longer than maybe 15-20 minutes. One of the previous gastro doctors always ran 1-2 hrs late. She spends her time and answers all my questions. Would refer anyone to her.

Posted on August 12th, 2011

Horrible physician.

An excellent doctor who fully analyzes your problem

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

I've been Dr. Friedman's patient for well over a year. She has consistently diagnosed and treated me correctly. I was particularly impressed with my first visit to her when she asked me a lot of questions to try to understand my overall health and travel history instead of just asking the obvious. She ended up performing a colonoscopy on me. removing some polyps, prescribing me vitamins for my overall colon health and recommending a schedule for future colonoscopies given my family history of colon cancer. She diagnosed and has been treating my pretty severe GERD cautiously yet effectively. She doesn't over-do it or under-do it on drugs or procedures. When I recently went in and described a new rectal pain, she immediately perceived I probably had an ovarian cyst and sent me to an OB/GYN. I just had a large cyst removed along with an ovary 2 weeks ago. I've been more than pleased with her care of me and I consider myself a pretty discerning patient who quickly switches doctors when I consider them questionable.

Wrong diagnosis - suffered for months

Posted on November 10th, 2010

Posted on October 30th, 2010

Not caring at all, very rude, and poor bedside manner. She misdiagnosed me completely which led to 2 years of sufferring. Please, go to someone else!

wrong diagnois

Posted on August 17th, 2010

I never had bad experience with doctors until her. She seems that she does not care her patient.I went see her twice and both time she diagnosed with minor disease and a month later I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer.If I had been to better doctor, my cancer could been found in the earlier stage.She did not even perform right testing for what I went to see her for.Do not go to her if you want to have right diagnose.