Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  First visit  |  show details
by Eva on Feb 17th, 2014

My visit with Dr. Friedman, was very professional. I would highly recommend her as you gastro dr. Her bed side manner was immaculate. She was very attentive and precise. The staff works as a team. Go team go!!

Mar 31st, 2013

The best gastro doctor I've seen in Austin. Takes time, worked to find and diagnose the problem and follow-up care has been first rate

Oct 4th, 2012

I love this doctor. She will diagnosed you right away and will explain everything to you.

|  Hepititis C - Cured  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

Dr. Friedman treated me for Hep several years ago. The treatment involved me injecting myself once per week, and taking a pill regimen daily. At the end of the year's protocol, there was still some of the virus in my blood. Dr. Friedman immediately suggested I get on a newly approved protocol with different drugs. At the end of this second year, I was completely clear of the virus. Had she not suggested this, I could have gone back to a full-blown case of Hep C.

|  Very Happy  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

Very happy with Dr Friedman. I've seen 3 other gastro doctors in the Austin area....she is by far the best that I've seen. Wait time is no longer than maybe 15-20 minutes. One of the previous gastro doctors always ran 1-2 hrs late. She spends her time and answers all my questions. Would refer anyone to her.

Aug 11th, 2011

Horrible physician.

|  An excellent doctor who fully analyzes your problem  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

I've been Dr. Friedman's patient for well over a year. She has consistently diagnosed and treated me correctly. I was particularly impressed with my first visit to her when she asked me a lot of questions to try to understand my overall health and travel history instead of just asking the obvious. She ended up performing a colonoscopy on me. removing some polyps, prescribing me vitamins for my overall colon health and recommending a schedule for future colonoscopies given my family history of colon cancer. She diagnosed and has been treating my pretty severe GERD cautiously yet effectively. She doesn't over-do it or under-do it on drugs or procedures. When I recently went in and described a new rectal pain, she immediately perceived I probably had an ovarian cyst and sent me to an OB/GYN. I just had a large cyst removed along with an ovary 2 weeks ago. I've been more than pleased with her care of me and I consider myself a pretty discerning patient who quickly switches doctors when I consider them questionable.

|  Wrong diagnosis - suffered for months  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

Oct 29th, 2010

Not caring at all, very rude, and poor bedside manner. She misdiagnosed me completely which led to 2 years of sufferring. Please, go to someone else!

|  wrong diagnois  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2010

I never had bad experience with doctors until her. She seems that she does not care her patient.I went see her twice and both time she diagnosed with minor disease and a month later I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer.If I had been to better doctor, my cancer could been found in the earlier stage.She did not even perform right testing for what I went to see her for.Do not go to her if you want to have right diagnose.