Dr. Alice Grogan Is this you?

3.8

Greedy office!

Posted on July 9th, 2015

I chose this office for my husband and I. Dr. Grogan is nice and informative. BUT, I will not be returning! My husband was sent for a ultrasound. She refused to give his results over the phone and required for him to go in. Then, when he shows up they asked for his deductible of over $100, which we had no clue they would charge for since his prior appointments were not charged. They refused to see him and was sent away. We then got a bill for a no show fee. I called the office left a message, no returned call. I called the billing department and they agreed that the Dr. should remove the charge. I assumed she had removed it. Then I get a charge on my bank account. I called the office spoke with Amber, she said she would talk to the Dr. and return my call. She never did, until I called back and left another message...2 weeks later I get a call that the fee stood...I told her I would not return because it was not right, and she said ok take care! Wow ! cut throat...needless to say. I will find another non greedy office!

Experience with Dr.Grogan

Posted on May 17th, 2013

I used Dr.Grogan for about 3 yrs when I lived in The Woodlands..The only reason I quit using her was that I moved to Florida..I recently moved back to Tx.and will use Dr. Grogan again if possible.....I gave her a four star rating..She's a great, caring person and is very interested in her patients.. I 'm so glad I located her again

I unfortunately can't rate Dr. Grogan herself...

Posted on June 18th, 2012

After reading some terrific reviews of Dr. Grogan on different medical review sites, I was eager to make an appointment with her. I'd been searching for a new GP because as I've gone without insurance for a few years, I'd been seeing a GP who charged me a reduced rate but was unfortunately not all the things Dr. Grogan was reported to be in those many reviews. I do have a few medical problems that I definitely need to seek help for, but I'm well aware I need specialists in other to tackle some of those and my need for a GP was because everyone needs a GP for random sinus infections and to refer a patient to specialists for various problems, right? Wrong, according to Dr. Grogan's office staff. I'd left a message on the voicemail and was called back by a very unenthusiastic receptionist named Amy. She asked me why I needed to come in and I told her I was seeking a new GP. She asked if I was on any medications and I was honest about the fact that I'm on paxil for anxiety/depression (it's a very low dose and moderated by my old GP as I've been unable to see a psychiatrist-- something that will change in the coming months). She informed me that Dr. Grogan would be unable to prescribe me that. I told her that was okay and that I just really wanted to have a GP to touch base with. She asked me what my issues were and I told her I had a lot of pain, but had already made an appointment with a rheumatologist. She told me that Dr. Grogan, "doesn't handle chronic pain." I said that was okay and mentioned stomach problems I've been having. She informed me that Dr. Grogan, "doesn't do that either." At this point I asked what Dr. Grogan does do and was told she was a family doctor/GP, which I was clear was exactly what I was looking for. I told Amy that as I am not a medical professional myself, I don't know what sort of doctors I need to go see and would like a GP to handle general health issues and refer me to specialists when needed. She asked me why I didn't want to go see my previous GP (which was frankly none of her business) and I told her I was dissatisfied for various reasons. This was when she put me on hold.The girl who picked up was named Jessica and while very nice, told me that because I, "had so many medical issues," they felt it was better that I go see an internist. While this may or may not be the case, the situation was handled so terribly that I was left feeling like it was a good thing they didn't want me as a patient because on top of all the stresses in life, dealing with an office staff like that was the last thing I needed.

Posted on June 3rd, 2016