Dr. Alice Mao MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

April 6th, 2015
Worth the wait. Brilliant physician.

August 19th, 2014
Dr. Alice Mao - Superior Psychiatrist
Brilliant, compassionate, understanding, supportive & open minded to new ideas. The best of the best. If your seeking solutions she provides answers.

June 28th, 2012
has a monopoly and she knows it
I find that since she is one of very few pediatric specialists. Dr mao frequently cancels and reschedules appointments some times for months on end. knowing that you will have to come back due to a lack of alternatives. I also find her to be sexist, opinionated and generally not an objective observer.

March 26th, 2012
Great doctor
Dr. Mao is professional, kind, knowledgeable. I have used her services for my teenage daughter and am completely satisfied with the results.

May 26th, 2011
Smart, but busy and disrespectful Doc and staff
First of all I want to say that Dr. Mao comes highly recommended. In the professional community she is well thought of. On my first visit with my child, I WAS impressed with how quickly she was able to pick up on subtle symptoms.However, she was over 1.5 hours late and it was an early morning appt (8 am). On FOUR SUBSEQUENT APPOINTMENTS our visit was changed/cancelled. I have to take off work for these appointments so this was really aggravating. They have a talented nurse practitioner whom my child saw instead, but by the fourth cancellation, I just couldn't believe how discourteous this doc is.Secondly, the office staff aren't very respectful. She's got about three, so I don't understand why no one has ever answered the phone. Once I called about a med refill and it never happened. The next time I called about a med refill, I asked for a call back to make sure it happened but the call back didn't happen.I feel stuck because Dr. Mao is supposedly very good and bright, but I think if she's going to be a big named researcher with Baylor, she ought to give up the practice and spare her patients (and their parents) some agony. Can you imagine waiting with an ADHD child for over an hour for an appointment?

August 15th, 2016