Dr. Alice Matoba MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Houston, TX

June 12th, 2014
Great Eye Doctor
Dr. Matoba saved my sight. I could not find one cornea specialist in Austin who would take a chance with a cornea graph. Dr. Matoba did not blink an eye. She had my cornea replaced within two weeks and I was reading within 2 weeks. She will be my cornea doctor until she retires. If you want a caring skilled surgeon, don't walk but, run to see Dr. Matoba.

April 2nd, 2012
Chemical burn to eye
Anhydrous Ammonia sprayed in eyes and burned off 70 percent of outer layer and damaged cornea and iris... caused hemmorage inside retina... she has been awesome so far in the diagnosis and treatment so far with my injury... suggesting a corneal transplant at this time... awesome treatment so far

August 16th, 2011
Horrible Doctor
This doctor treats the symptoms only, does nothing to solve the overall problem. If you're in pain, she'll tell you you're not. I stupidly went to this doctor for 10 years because of the worry of explaining my eye issues to another doctor. Today, I asked if there was anything she or I could provide to give my office an idea of why I'm missing work so often, and she asked "Why do you need to miss work so often? It's not that big of a deal." I'm done with Dr. Matoba, and I hope this can be a cautionary story.

July 21st, 2010
She saved my eye
Dr. Matoba is one of the best. I had a big problem with my left eye (stem cell deficiency). I was diagonosis with eye cancer before I went to see Dr. Matoba. She help me with every step on the way -- most important she save my eye. Can't image what if I stayed with the other doctor.She is highly recommended by me !

June 21st, 2009