A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alice McPherson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alice McPherson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alice McPherson, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Injuries
- Lyme Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Education & Awards
Dr. McPherson graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison. She has 4 awards.
Dr. McPherson has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. McPherson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 15 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alice R. McPherson practice?
Dr. Alice McPherson practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.