Dr. Alice Ormsby MD Patient Reviews

• 5 reviews

October 21st, 2015
"Awesome lady" very professional

October 22nd, 2014
Dr. Ormsby is very competent and seems to have sincere interest is her patients well-being. Appointments sometimes run a few minutes late, but worth waiting for this top-notch doc. Certificates on her exam room - Stanford undergrad and Duke medical school. Besides dermatology she's also an internal medicine doctor.

July 13th, 2012
Friendly but rushed
Dermatologists are definitely a busy bunch. Dr Ornsby is a derm I've been to before a few years ago. I get my sunspots checked even tho everything is normal but better safe than sorry. I also had a rash that she looked at and prescribed a steroid/cortisone cream for. I felt the appt. was a bit rushed since mine was at the end of the day and that she didn't check everywhere. But she did measure one spot on my face that was a concern last time (@ 3 years ago) and no change.

January 11th, 2012
Failed to biopsy a melanoma
Dr. Ormsby decided to "watch" a lump on the back of my leg for a year. When my primary care physician finally demanded that I ask her for a biopsy, the result was a diagnosis of stage 3 melanoma. Fortunately for me, no migratory cells were detected at the time of surgery and no lymph nodes were removed. 7 years later I had a recurrence at the same site and another surgery. I wish that she had ordered the biopsy when we first discussed the lump. I changed doctors as soon as I had the original melanoma diagnosis - before the first surgery.

July 12th, 2011
I'm not sure if her diagnose is always correct. (For the same rash; two different diagnoses within a year.) She is professional, but if you are looking for a Dr. to be friendly and not seeming to be in a hurry to leave, this is not the Dr. for you.