Dermatologist (skin)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Martin Grosvenor on Oct 21st, 2015

"Awesome lady" very professional

by Robert Freid on Oct 22nd, 2014

Dr. Ormsby is very competent and seems to have sincere interest is her patients well-being. Appointments sometimes run a few minutes late, but worth waiting for this top-notch doc. Certificates on her exam room - Stanford undergrad and Duke medical school. Besides dermatology she's also an internal medicine doctor.

Friendly but rushed show details Friendly but rushed
Jul 13th, 2012

Dermatologists are definitely a busy bunch. Dr Ornsby is a derm I've been to before a few years ago. I get my sunspots checked even tho everything is normal but better safe than sorry. I also had a rash that she looked at and prescribed a steroid/cortisone cream for. I felt the appt. was a bit rushed since mine was at the end of the day and that she didn't check everywhere. But she did measure one spot on my face that was a concern last time (@ 3 years ago) and no change.

Failed to biopsy a melanoma show details Failed to biopsy a melanoma
Jan 11th, 2012

Dr. Ormsby decided to "watch" a lump on the back of my leg for a year. When my primary care physician finally demanded that I ask her for a biopsy, the result was a diagnosis of stage 3 melanoma. Fortunately for me, no migratory cells were detected at the time of surgery and no lymph nodes were removed. 7 years later I had a recurrence at the same site and another surgery. I wish that she had ordered the biopsy when we first discussed the lump. I changed doctors as soon as I had the original melanoma diagnosis - before the first surgery.

Jul 12th, 2011

I'm not sure if her diagnose is always correct. (For the same rash; two different diagnoses within a year.) She is professional, but if you are looking for a Dr. to be friendly and not seeming to be in a hurry to leave, this is not the Dr. for you.