Dr. Alice Shin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 21st, 2016
Billing nightmare
Rude and lazy billing and medical office staff when it comes to trying to resolve any billing issues. Each of the offices points the finger at the other. Ask for a supervisor and get put on hold with no one ever picking up. Eventually promised to resolve issue, only to have nothing at all happen.

July 16th, 2015
Very impersonal and disorganized staff. Doctor had commented on how dry I was during pap smear as it was very uncomfortable yet offered no advice. A month later I finally get a call from the nurse about my abnormal pap results. And was told they will see me in another year. That was it.

April 6th, 2015
Another egotistical Doctor that is not looking to be a partner in your healthcare but rather get you right out the door as fast as possible as another number coming through the assembly line. Was rude, abrupt and not willing to spend the time to discuss options. What she says goes and she does not care about your concerns, questions, etc. Very unsympathetic and cold.

May 23rd, 2012
Very knowledgeable and caring
I am a doctor and I appreciate Dr. Shin's no-nonsense but caring approach. She is blunt and is quite busy, but I felt she spent plenty of time with me. I went to see her because of a recommendation by another doctor for her ability to handle high risk pregnancy. Though I have not finished my pregnancy yet, I am confidant in her abilities as a doctor.Because she is busy it is hard to get in to see her and the wait at the office is somewhat annoying, but I personally believe these to be worth it.I would recommend her to friends and family.

December 18th, 2011
My responses are based on the fact that I am a perimenopausal women and Dr.Shin offered no time to discuss my issues. She spent less than 3 minutes in the room with me and during that time provided me with a breast and pelvic exam. She gave me a prescription and did not provide me with any education or information regarding side effects. When she completed the exam she left the room and I had no idea if someone or she were to come back. After 15 minutes I left the exam room on my own accord and went to the check out counter. I guess she wants to focus on her OB side of the practice leaving the menopausal patients at a loss.

August 18th, 2011
Spends very little time with patient
Dr. Shin has been my doctor for several years now and she spends less than 3.5 minutes with me during my annual check-up. Neither she nor her nurse/office followed-up on abnormal test results (mammogram).

March 21st, 2011
Dr Shin has been my doctor for about 3 years now. I am only 23 and she is going to be doing my surgery in 2 weeks and i really dont know if i would want any other doctor to do this surgery. She is the BEST doctor around and I LOVE having her as my doctor!

August 27th, 2010
Loved Her!
Dr. Shin is wonderful! Takes her time with you. Listens to your questions and seems sincerely interested in what you have to say. Love her!