Dr. Alicia Appel Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alicia Appel?

September 15th, 2012

Find a Real Doctor!

I honestly feel sorry for this doctor. I don't know if she lacks awareness or just doesn't care. Going to that clinic is like a "cattle call". Little follow-up and very poor, and even serious inaccuracy of a diagnosis. If this dr. was in a private practice, she wouldn't be allowed to just be a "floater". She would actually have to do something. But she must like the easy way to use her degree. Pathetic, just hand out a drug, any drug and that's what you get. Too bad there is not much that can be done except the patient needs to educate themselves and go to a REAL dr., this one is simply pathetic. Collect the paycheck and float through the system at the expense of the patient's health. Serious flaws. Might seem like a nice person, but does very little for the patient. Can't even give a real diagnosis and doesn't care. She doesn't have to care as she is protected by Denver Health, look up that hospital and how it's rated. That should tell someone something that works in that system. Some people shouldn't be a dr.

April 10th, 2011

Worst dr. ever!

If you don't care about your health, this is the dr. for you. Because she doesn't care about your health either. She can't get a DX right because she is in such a hurry, or she simply doesn't know medicine. She is what I would call a "slacker" in the system. She see's a bunch of patients, who don't question anything, hands out drugs and sends you on your way. She has waisted her entire education with the way she practices in this low-class, cattle call clinic. But that's the way a slacker wants it, and ideal climate for her. AND NO, she is not so popular that a person can't get in. Their system is set-up in a way that you can't get in when you want. If you are really dumb, this is the dr. for you. But if you are that dumb, you won't know. Her ego is just horrible and she's not that good to have such an ego. If you actually want to save your life, kidneys and liver, I suggest finding a real dr. who knows what they are doing. A dr. who can make an accurate diagnosis. This dr. is a quack. But that's what Denver Health wants. I am so glad I found a dr. that can finally help me, has the knowledge to help me and doesn't have an inflated ego. Anyone that likes this dr. really has a problem, they are either stupid, mentally ill, has dementia or something that would cloud their image of what a real dr. would be like. This dr. should have her license taken away so she can't hurt another person. She just a bully slacker, BUT she knows how to FAKE it enough for the idiots to like her. Pathetic to go to school that long and throw her education down the drain. FIND ANOTHER DR. AND SAVE YOUR LIFE. I was told that by so many other dr.'s that it's not even funny. And rarely does a dr. say anything about another dr. But in this case, Appel was so bad that other dr.'s would complain!!!

February 28th, 2011

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Appel has been my physician for a little over 2 years now. She is very popular doctor and it's sometimes difficult to get an appointment with her. She is a very caring doctor and spends more than enough time with me. She is just as good as my previous doctor of 17 years. She answers all my questions and most importantly she does so in a manner that I can easily understand. If I don't get it, she'll find another way to explain it until I do understand. Sometimes my appointments with her run over time because of all the questions I have. Her speciality is Internal Medicine; I'm almost certain she is a teaching doctor at Denver Health. This might be another reason why it can be difficult to get an appointment with her. I would recommend her to anyone seeking a professional, caring doctor who will go to any lengths to diagnose your medical malady; ordering whatever test is necessary to get down to the causes of your condition; but not just ordering tests willy nilly creating incrased costs for her patients. I disagree with the previous person who commented on her; she does not just hand out pills to get rid of you. She is very careful in prescribing medications and will allow me to try different medications as long as they're not contraindicated in regard to my health problems. The wait time is never anymore than 20 minutes...it really depends upon how early you get there. I have one particular health problem that we still haven't found the cause of, however Dr. Appel has ordered probably 20+ tests trying to find out what's going on. If she were a surgeon, I would have no difficulty going under the knife with her. Dr. Appel practices medicine in a clinic and I would think that with all the different people that come in there the that staff would lose their patience but I've never been treated with anything less than the total professionalism and friendliness you'd expect from a private practice. The nurses, the techs, the Phlebotomists...they all treat you with respect even if they're having a bad day. Dr. Appel will call me or send a note letting me know the results of my tests; saving me the expense of another appointment. With the exception of this one problem, Dr. Appel has accurately diagnosed my medical problems and refers me to other Practitioners without delay when it's appropriate to do so. Dr. Appel has had to jump through some hoops on my behalf to get me the medications that I need for my health problems. What more could anyone ask for?

October 29th, 2010

Please Find a Real Doctor Folks

This has got to be the least professional dr. in the Denver area. I would certainly look around before you get hooked up with this lady. She is egotistical, hands out the drugs by the truck loads because that is what her practice is about. It makes the cattle-call faster and the lady doesn't have the time, or perhaps the skill, to find the real problem.

COPD