Overall Review

August 10th, 2016
Not so good
She charges a monthly fee for VIP service that is no different from regular service. Perscribes alot of medication that are what sees on TV with all the lethal sideeffects for pharma kick backs no doubt and insists that her patients use them. Leaves patient in exam room for 45 minutes before appearing and charges full time. Stay away from this one, you or a relative might end up deceased. Horrible doctor.

February 27th, 2016
Simply an awesome doctor - wish more were like her

October 2nd, 2015
Practice Administrator
Dr. Chen is always readily available, love her being by herself at the Bayou Blvd office. Staff is very kind and compassionate. I can always count on Dr. Chen to listen and help with my medical issues. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great Internal Medicine MD.

May 26th, 2013
Unprofessional Staff & Doctor
Very unprofessional; When you need a referral outside her area, she responds (several times) with comments such as "she'll have to call in favors" and "she can't use all her favors up at one time"; appears to sched appt for you to update her on what other dr might be recommending; req annual appointment only to be told staff did not schedule enough time and will have to come back; primarily does nothing but update RX's yet charges her full fee even if you've waited an unreasonable time; staff that lies on written documents, including date of document; wait time is routinely normal to be longer than 1 hour and has been up to 2 hours; misses common problems for several years even though symptoms are common; ex: gall bladder; several common problems diagnosed first by chiropracture; once bring it to her attention, she then says "yes, she'd been thinking about that"; for months and years? Don't waste your time and money. Gulf Coast Primary Care is better off without her association. Find another doctor. (Do your homework...find out why she is no longer associated with GCPC; the real answer might help you make a decision if this is the dr. for you.)

February 28th, 2013
Vindictive Staff Vs Hippocratic Oath Vs Hypocrite Staff
She is a good doctor, but her staff behave like they are Gods. Rude, inconsiderate and not courteous at all. In 2003, When we questioned her rude staff about some medical test, just to find out more information, and to ask to make sure her staff put in the correct code for the insurance...what we got...was an unsigned letter from her office NOT to come and see Dr Alicia Chen anymore. That she Didn't want to be our doctor anymore. NO reason was given Just because we asked some questions???

November 19th, 2012
GREAT Doctor!!!!!!!!
she is a wonderful doctor she can make you understand anything she is wonderful!!!!!!!!! and has helped me for years

July 3rd, 2012
Mrs.
She is awesome. My husband and I both won't use any other doctor.

June 5th, 2012
Dr Alicia Chen is my favorite Doctor!
Dr Chen took the time to listen to me and ordered the correct tests to determine the cause of my symptoms. She enabled me to take control of my health. I am so impressed with her I would recommend her to anyone.

October 7th, 2011
Good doctor, but bad office staff-wait time too long- telephone wait time very bad- the phone line is always busy- you are told that the staff cares about you, but you continue to wait on the line to hear this same message numerous times.

September 28th, 2011
Fannie Gray...Dr Chen patient
Dr Chen is by far the best Dr i ever encountered....she listens,she is down to earth, she ALWAYS give u time to talk to her and most of all she is a caring and honest Dr.

August 8th, 2011
Debra Brown
I love, TRUST,and respect Dr.Chen,shes the best Dr. ever. I became seriously ill,with a very rare syndromn, and I mean rare, fast moving and OMG painful. I called her like 3am, she called me in less then 10min,(PROMPT). She let me come in morning I wanted her not ambulance. All rooms were full, busy busy day.She saw me be just about carried in by two friends,and BAM here she is with a wheel chair,my friends said we were in her personal office (COMPASSIONATE). And BAM I was on my way to hospital and it was ready,my room, medications,and best Specialists at the hospital coming, trying to diagnose me. After surgety and before lab results were back. Guess who wrote 3 possible things it could be.Yes DR Chen (Brilliant)accurate diagnosis!!! If the wait time may be a few more minutes trust me she is saving one of us!If shes your Doc tell her if you have a complaint about office difficulties I promise, they are fixed before your next appt. Dr. Chen Hears you she listens and she does not fear change, but you have to tell her..she used to have an evaluation form for any complants,most of us always kinda worried to complain on it,at least I used too until I figured out she is not perfect(OOPS she couldn't read my mind)LOL.Everyone who knows me wants her for thier Doctor,but many times she is full,thats says alot,we are blessed to have our(AWESOME) Dr.Alicia L.Chen MD!!!!!!!! Thank You for being you Doc,I'm honored to be your patient.

June 10th, 2011
Good Doctor bad staff
Wait times bad, return phone calls bad, hold time to make an appt. or get info bad. Dr Chen overall I believe is a good doctor but got frustrated with lack of follow up or discussing test results as of recent.