Dr. Alicja Nerga Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alicja Nerga?

June 21st, 2016

My mom was going here and she had her taking 8 different medications that she should not have been taking. She only found out about this because she was admitted to the hospital due to blood sugar dropping excessively. I would not seen my worst enemy there.

April 14th, 2016

Truly Excellent. Has a European honest smart thinking sence on diagnosing. She is very quick at her thinking..... VERY SMART. She nails it. Thank goodness we still have some around.

January 29th, 2016

Pap Smear

I had my first encounter with Dr. Nerga today as a walk-in for a pap smear. I called the office to specifically ask if I needed to make an appointment for the test and the receptionist said I could do it as a walk-in. I was later told by Dr. Nerga's nurse that pap smears need an appointment, but Dr. Nerga was willing to do it. I was thankful, since I had waited approximately forty minutes to get into the office, another five to ten to wait for the nurse, and another five to ten to see Dr. Nerga. It was my first pap smear. The nurse asked me what I assume are the basic questions, which included “have you had any new sexual partners?” and “when was your last pap smear?”. I nervously told her the truth: I am 26, I am a virgin and have never had a pap smear. I told her I came in because I've been having spotting that worried me. She wrote all of this down. Dr. Nerga came in and asked me the same questions. I gave her the same answers. Then she administered the test. It was a terrible experience. I was expecting discomfort but not the pain or lack of professionalism that occurred. I had repeatedly said that I was afraid, uncomfortable and had neither been penetrated by a partner nor a speculum before but Dr. Nerga was unsympathetic. To her this was routine, and it seemed like she was in a rush to get to her next patient. Why? Because she PLUNGED the speculum into me. She did not ease it in gently at all (as I had seen other doctors do during pap smear videos online) she just told me to relax and take a deep breath. It was very painful, and I said so, but she told me what I was feeling was not pain but discomfort. It is not right for a doctor to tell a patient how she should be feeling. I know my own body. It was pain, not excruciating pain, but beyond discomfort. Enough to make me cry, and I am someone who has a decent pain tolerance. She then proceeded to ask me AGAIN when my last pap smear was and I AGAIN said that I had never had one, and might have also added that I am a virgin (I don't remember this part clearly enough to say for sure). She gave a little “Oh” or other affirming remark as in, “Okay, maybe I believe you now”. I got the distinct impression that both she and her nurse believed I was lying about not having had a pap smear or being a virgin, or both. I understand that young women lie about being sexually active, but that's no excuse for making that kind of judgment call. After the speculum was removed, she then told me she was going to insert her fingers to perform an examination. I was in pain, and upset, so I asked her to please go in more slowly because it hurt. She did not. She jammed in her fingers the same way she had the speculum, all the while telling me to relax because she could not feel my uterus. I relaxed as best I could and then she jammed in her fingers again with the same speed. When the examination was over, she said something along the lines of “there, that wasn't so bad / it was just a little discomfort, but pap smears are a part of life / we'll call you if anything turns up” and whisked herself out of the room. I felt nauseous, cramped and bloated for hours afterward. She told me that I did not bleed during the exam, but later on I discharged enough dark brown blood to need a pad. I'm still feeling ill as I type this review approximately 8hrs later. I don't think Dr. Nerga is a terrible person, or a terrible doctor, but she needs to take more time with people and be more sensitive to her patients' needs, especially in such a delicate situation. It was my first pap smear. I am a virgin. I was scared. I made my concerns known and she ignored them and/or failed to pay attention to what I was saying (otherwise she would not have asked me the same questions multiple times). She did not listen to me when I said “go slower”. I need to know that my doctor is listening and working WITH me. It felt like there was a lack of respect, if not a lack of consent. I do not feel I have been permanently scarred by this experience, but others might not feel the same if the same were to happen to them. Her manner was not callous but brisk, not unfriendly but impersonal. Since she did everything so quickly I didn't have time to ask her to look at the hormone blood test results I'd brought in to show her (I mentioned them to the nurse, who told me Dr. Nerga could look at them for me). I thought the results might help her to understand my situation better, but it seemed to me that she was not interested in my well-being or helping me to find the cause of my problem, but merely in getting the test over with. Maybe she was having an off day, I don't know. I just know that I had a terrible experience. The only reason why I am not giving her an all-around one star is because her receptionist was sweet and courteous with me, even when I was getting impatient and probably deserved a slap rather than a kind word. She is the only one who made me feel remotely at ease.

August 28th, 2015

Visit

Worse place ever. Do not go to her because she really does not care about what you say. She won't take you serious and the girl that works in the front with short hair is super unprofessional and rude. I have never experienced such a bad Doc Visit. When you go your first time they care so much because they want you to come back $$$$ I would not recommend her. I was trying to explain my problems she was starring at her laptop and was rushing me. It should not be like this. I won't mention everything this is enough. Sorry it just made me super upset when I went

April 2nd, 2015

Will not even listen to patient, another useless doctor

January 23rd, 2015

Great doctor

January 12th, 2015

Very grateful to Dr. Nerga

After listening to my symptoms, she was able to diagnose and get me on the right medication. After months of being miserable, I felt relief very quickly.. She has a very comfortable bedside manner.

November 29th, 2014

Poor medical knowledge

I was a patient of this doctor for almost 3 years and unfortunately during this time she proved to be incompetent physician who does not pay any attention to her patients' health. Few times she showed very bad bedside manners and referred me for a couple of unnecessary tests. I believe just to profit from my insurance. Please stay away from this untrusted doctor .

September 13th, 2012

Good doctor

February 22nd, 2012

I love her!

This Doctor is one of the most personable physician's I have ever visited . She is plesant and makes you feel at ease. I will definately recommend her services. (Don't let her staff deter you from obtaining her services .) Never had a problem but I saw someone in an earlier post did. I am a medical professional and sometimes the way patients treat the staff are just down right rude and maybe that was the situation I dont know.

June 14th, 2011

GREAT DOCTOR

Office was a lil busy so I waited 25 min.Everyone was very professional and friendly.Highly Recommend!

January 11th, 2011

Very poor professionalism of office staff.

I have been in here office today and I have been offended by the office staff just because I needed some help filing up the forms. She screamed in my face like a little kid??????????????Please make sure your patients are getting the respect they deserve in the waiting room.I will never come back to this office.