Dr. Alina Hongsakaphadana MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 31st, 2016
Severely Disappointed with Dr. Hong
This doctor made referrals and recommendations that were completely off basis to what the treatments for my issues were and unnecessarily prescribed medications. She seemed unsure of herself the entire time and really didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about. I question whether she should be in practice. Save yourself the trouble and see a doctor with good reviews, which is what I ended up doing.

December 29th, 2014
Found what others hadn't
Staff was phenomenal, Nurse Annika high marks. Dr. H. was able to diagnose and treat existing ailments as well as running a screening that revealed two other things that need attention. I have had a full screen in another state less than 6 months ago, they had missed a blood clot then, Dr. H. staff informed me after the initial scan it was dissolved and had disappeared. Prior to seeing Dr. H. it was stated that it would never resolve itself let alone dissolve and disappear. She was recommended to me and I will do the same, in fact there are several people here at the office that use her. Great Job Folks, Happy Holidays....

January 10th, 2014
Outstanding physician
Both my wife and I have been patients of Dr. Hongsakaphadana for more than 2 years. We've always had excellent experiences with her. She listens carefully when we talk - never interrupts, she explains medical conecpts in layperson's terms, she truly cares about her patients, and she has always followed up on something when she says she will. An example of her concern for her patients and her prompt, thorough follow-through is the fact that she answers phone messages left by us during the day by calling us at home early the same evening. She also doesn't hesitate to call us if there's something improtant to inform us about, such as lab results. Her office staff is friendly and efficient, and we've not had trouble at all getting appointments. The MyNorthBayDoc web portal is really convenient for making appointments, changing appointments, and several additional purposes. We are very happy patients who feel completely confident that our health care is in the best hands with Dr. Hong and her staff.

January 9th, 2014
I spent all day trying to get an appointment for an asthma flare and when someone finally answers they give me an appointment for an entire month later. Not acceptable

August 4th, 2013
Office worker is very disrespectful and should not be in a position to help people if they do not enjoy doing so.
My experience with this Dr. is usually pretty good until my last visit. I know that you are supposed to schedule an appointment prior to your visit and unless I was in excruciating pain I would have done so. I showed up at her office and had asked the lady at the front desk if I could please speak with Dr. Hong. There was absolutely nobody in the waiting room and understanding that my visit was not announced I offered to stay there all day in the event she had a cancellation. I just wanted a prescription of Ibuprofen to ease the pain until I was seen by a specialist. She would not give me the time of day and had her assistance come out and tell me that if I was in so much pain to go to the emergency room. This option is costly and time consuming and I felt as though I meant nothing to her as a patient. I left there crying and it didn't even matter to them. To add insult to injury the receptionist located in the front closest to the door that calls in patients to be seen was so detached from the feelings of any of the clients making comments such as "I don't know why they are called patients...when none of them have any". I am putting in my request for a new primary care doctor that hasn't lost the personal touch with her patients. I am so disappointed and refuse to ever go back there.

June 13th, 2012
Staff was courteous. Physican addressed all my concerns and her bedside manner was excellent. I didn't have to wait long at all. She spent a lot of time listening to me and she answered all my questions. Treated me like family. I would definetly recommend her to others.

May 30th, 2012
So terrible
This Dr. did not seem to know what she was talking about. She had the complete opposite views than other dr.'s i have seen. She was rude, and curt. She made facial expressions to what I was saying as thought she felt she were above listening or even trying to see someone elses view... She had an intern with her, teaching him these ways. She was going to prescribe two different medications, not even knowing me. She did not look at the issue and didnt seem to care of what I was saying. Very rude, will never recommend this lady. I have not stopped thinking about her since. This lady really makes me question Drs out there. Just so off

February 14th, 2011
Great Doctor! Very Caring!

May 5th, 2009
Young Dr. H.
Dr. H is a very conscientious, hard working doctor.

April 30th, 2008
Alina is a Great Doctor.
Alina is a kind, friendly, and responsible Doctor who will take care of you.