Dr. Alisa Cahill MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 23rd, 2016
Rude and Underqualified
I went to see Dr. Cahill once to replace my GP. She was very rude and in a rush to get me out the door. She didn't seem to be especially qualified for some basic medication maintenance based on what she said during the appointment. I found a new doctor after that one appointment. Wouldn't recommend anyone seeing her.

August 23rd, 2016
Dangerously Unorganized with Multiple Errors
After my long-time family practitioner retired I learned that the favorite nurse I had was moving to a new clinic. My wife, my aunt, my mother, along with myself switched due to Ellen being in that clinic. My wife and aunt had their poor experiences and went elsewhere. But I will recount my own experience, and then the latest HUGE error she perpetrated. First, I went in just prior to having my first year teaching evaluations and while I was in the middle of coaching two sports. I needed a medication refill and the dates for the refill on the bottle said it was time, I just needed to go in and see my new practitioner. To find out, she can't read a file or she just enjoyed watching me squirm.... but she insisted I had a whole month to wait. To top it off, her husband was the lead Pharmacist at the exact Walgreens that we've been using for years. BUT SHE WAS TOO DENSE TO READ THE PAPER AND MAKE THE CONNECTION THAT THERE WAS AN ERROR IN THEIR SYSTEM. What could have been easily corrected by a phone call, or even looking up the records, involved me BEGGING to have Ellen, the nurse that has known me since my teenage years, to come in and adamantly speak on my behalf that I have not once in twenty years tried to scam medication. So, I found a new doctor (I MISS ELLEN A LOT THOUGH). However, my mother stayed with this horrible doctor. Dr. Cahill in her infinite wisdom scheduled three times the dose (without making it clear to the patient or the pharmacy) on a drug that was lethal. For an entire month we watched my mother decline on a level that none of us could understand. The culmination was that we had a day where my mother went missing. We found her, barely conscious, down in a rock quarry by the river on the opposite side of town than where she was to be on that day. Dr. Cahill's errors have harmed and embarrassed our family on multiple occasions. Dr. Cahill's actions are combative and erratic with the bedside manner of an unhappy spoon-fed sorority girl who is convinced that she is a lot smarter than anyone else in the room. Granted, that is the case most of the time; a Doctor being smarter than patients. But in my experiences with this particular doctor, she adds a whole lot of condescending, and just a splash of "not really caring". She's a terrible doctor with inexcusable bedside manner and attention to detail. AVOID AT ALL COSTS or it'll be your mother that you are out searching.

November 27th, 2015
excellent physician and professional staff. Dr Cahill always takes the time to explain what is going on

January 12th, 2015
Find Another Providor
The staff is unreliable and the physician is rushed and doesn't take time with patient.

February 6th, 2014
X
Dr Cahill is not just a good doctor, but also has a human interest, she cares about you, your health, and your well being. She shows compassion and kindness, she was overall a good experience. :)

December 2nd, 2013
Dissappointed and currently looking
I never took a lot of time to research reviews of potential doctors until now. I have been seeing Dr Cahill at least 3 years. I have experienced several misdiagnosis (not life threatening but certainly a delay of proper care). As a result, I had to have surgery and this was determined by a specialist. Which I was only referred to after I told her we needed to determine the cause and quit treating symptoms. Recently I came in for my annual physical with a list of several issues to discuss. She proceeded to give me responses which I could have learned on the internet. Health care providers tell us to listen to our body but this is only helpful if doctors listen to their patients. I am usually in good health and only raise concerns if I feel it could be a symptom of a larger issue. If you have a basic issue, one that is obvious or prediagnosed, I am sure she can handle that.

August 21st, 2013
I have complex medical issues and have had to change from Cahill as she appears unable to manage my care. I have gotten conflicting information on supplements I should be taking and every recommendation given to me by Cahill has been wrong when I went to the referred specialist. Nurses are rude, do not return calls promptly and Cahill herself will never speak with you on the phone. Would not recommend, please be aware she will not take active role in your care and will be dismissive of your issues.

February 15th, 2013
She may be overworked, but i'm not happy.
I'm not the type of person to write a review unless it's really been on my mind. At first when I started going to Dr Cahill, which was a few years ago, I had almost no complaints. However, I agree with some of the posts on here because she is rude and doesn't take time to listen. I think she is overworked. I am never satisfied going to her office, and always leave unsure. I am switching to somewhere I can be paid more attention to, and don't really want to spend money at her office any longer. Thank you.

July 18th, 2012
I wouldn't recommend Dr. Cahil to anyone. She doesn't listen, is always in a rush, the office is always behind in their appts. She and her nurses were always rude to me to the point I switched doctors. My new Doctors office treats me with respect and I am way happier!

April 16th, 2011
Great bedside manner, listens
I would recommend her. She takes the time to listen and you do not feel rushed. She is very detailed.

January 19th, 2010
Great Doctor
I cannot recommend Dr. Cahill highly enough. She's a great doctor who hasn't lost her compassion for her patients, as so many doctors do. To summarize... she's awesome.

September 21st, 2009
Awesome Doc!
Cahill is the Best family doctor I've ever had. I called her office 15 minutes before close of business to order an urgent (in my eyes) medication refill and her staff got it called in that night. That would have been a fantasy at my old doctor.