Obstetricians & Gynecologists

4060 4th Ave
Ste 640
San Diego, CA 92103
619-299-3111
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Kudzu. Yahoo.
 |  I was not treated well by the  |  show details
by kimelainez at Citysearch on Jun 7th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I was not treated well by the receptionist , I was misinformed by the medical assistant who was giving me results. First medical assistant gave me results, then another medical assistant called me and gave me different results. The medical assistant told me the results were abnormal, when I had informed her that i had already been called and told that results were normal , she said the words "alittle abnormal" . I told the Doctor this, she did not apologize , was abrupt, could not tell me any specifics about my condition because I do not believe she read my chart or results. Then Dr. Williams told me that my situation was an "inconvenience". I have seen many Doctors in my life and was never treated this way. The exception in that office is Dr. Williams nurse practitioner and phlebotomist.

|  I will NEVER recommend her! she is very  |  show details
by AraceliB929 at Citysearch on May 30th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I will NEVER recommend her! she is very rude & arrogant! After going with her for 3 appointments I decided I had enough of her she is very rude and never had time to answer any questions. It takes longer to wait in the lobby to get called in than what it does for her to walk in & out. She made me feelbad Everytime I asked a question and she would laugh at my questions for example how short is my cervix! She`s so rude I rather give birth by myself than to have to deal with her. Their is so many other obgyn out there who are really polite and answer your questions without giving you attitude. Pregnancy is too beautiful to have to worry about your doctor acting like a kid!

|  The OBGYN I've ever had  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2011

She's always pleased to see you and always asks if you have any questions at all. She genuine and professional and if there's a concern, she doesn't treat you like an idiot. Very knowledgable in her field and I would recommend her to any woman! She's that great!

|  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

Dr. Williams is amazing. She REALLY knows her practice and puts me at ease. She listens and has answers!

|  Lucky to be in the care of Dr Williams  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

She is a wonderful doctor, professional and experienced. She guided me through my first pregnancy and delivered our son with great care. Don't listen to the whiners who write negative posts about long times... She can be trusted to do what's best for your health and it would be difficult to find a doctor as dedicated and passionate about their patients as she.

|  She's awesome !!!  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

She's sooooo good. I go there every month and I only wait 5 min to get in. The service is so good and the doctor is very nice and smart. Super doctor !!

|  major disappointment  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

Extremely dissatisfied with my experience with Williams. Her manner, disrespectful and cold, was troubling to a working pregnant mother. She was condescending and aloof when I had questions and couldn't even seem to remember when I was due or if I was a scheduled c section or not. Basically I toughed it out with her because I didn't have any interest in finding a new OB halfway through my pregnancy. My primary concern, a successful delivery and healthy baby, was my focus and I do have a healthy baby now. But as far as my own experience as the patient, it was very very unsettling. I hope other women haven't had the same treatment. There is also an extremely long wait in her office. I waited over an hour almost every visit in the main waiting room then another 15 or more in the examining room and then received about 3 minutes of care. I am not exaggerating.

|  ABSOLUTE DEPLORABLE BEDSIDE MANNER  |  show details
by Diaz on Oct 30th, 2010

My experience with this doctor is at best dissapointing. After reading several positive reviews, I chose her as my OB/GYN. BIG MISTAKE! She lacks empathy, patience, compassion and understanding. The wait time was over an hour with each visit. After the nearly intolerable wait for the doctor, she breezes in and out within a 10 minute time frame without properly addressing ANY of my concerns. The staff is incompetent and not knowledgeable in the least. Among the poorly educated staff, Rosa was most wretched of the bunch. As she was exremely unprofessional in her manner, and when I had an issue with medical coverage she complained about "waisting an hour and a half" of her time....as if that was not her job and she was not being paid for her time.... The best part of this horrific experience is when I left and found a REAL doctor!

|  Excellent and skilled OBGYN...she's the best!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

If you have an uncomplicated pregnancy but just want someone to spend excessive time coddling your concerns and fears...find a midwife. If you want a brilliantly skilled doctor to put your and your babies life in their hands with total confidence of their ability...she is the doctor for you..she doesn't waste time and has a no b.s. approach to problems! She is the best OBGYN I have ever experienced and would not put my OBGYN needs in anyones elses hands!

|  Why Wait  |  show details
by april h at Insider Pages on Oct 5th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Williams for over 12 years. She is very knowledgeable and kind. However, the wait time is always too long for...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Run, don't walk, in the opposite direction...  |  show details
by J. Stone on Aug 9th, 2010

If you want a doctor with an abrasive bedside manner, who asks decent questions but interrupts your information with speculative conclusions not based on facts, who doesn't read films before rendering her opinion and who delivers the bad opinion (erroneous) with all the tact of a toddler, this is the doctor for you.

|  A wonderful down to earth Physician  |  show details
by Lola on Jul 6th, 2010

Dr. Williams has been my physician for over 20 years, She delivered both my children. She has always been a warm, caring individual to myself and my family. I will continue recommending her to my family and friends..

|  Dr. Williams is the BEST OBGyn in San Diego  |  show details
by elaine taillac on Jun 2nd, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr. Williams is the best OBGyn in San Diego County, hands down. She delivered my son 14 years ago, and has been taking care of my gynocological needs including an ovary removal ever since. The office staff are caring and personal, and always get messages to her when I need to talk to her. She calls me back personally, and I wouldn`t dream of going to see anyone else. She`s the best!

|  Not happy with service  |  show details
by Jen1942 on Mar 24th, 2010 on citysearch.com

After reading the reviews I pick her as a doctor but now I know I made a mistake. Her MA is very carless and does not want to spend any time helping. She even had me drive to the office to pick up a prescription instead of faxing it to the pharmacy. Her knowledge was also limited. I asked if there was anything I need to be careful not to do in my first trimester of the pregnancy, the MA answered NO, and then I asked if I should be lifting anything heavy then she said no. She was not helpful at all. The doctor will not see her patients until they are 3 month pregnant and she will not she speak to patients. Even though after my miscarriage I learned that the first 3 month are critical time. When I finally saw the doctor after my miscarriage, I found her very arrogant and care less. As soon as my exam finished she walk to off to speak to some who was going to have a baby. I felt as if I did not matter since I will not be returning any time soon. She was not carrying. I will never recommend her to anyone or go back to her

|  Dr. Alisa Williams- A Scary Mistake  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 29th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Please DO NOT visit Dr. Williams office. My first impression of her office was average. I waited over 45 minutes, freezing in my gown, bu...

|  Alisa L Williams MD takes great care of Women  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 2nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Alisa Williams is kind, caring, and attentive. Her staff is friendly and efficient, while making each patient feel important. The huge c...

|  Worst doctor I have ever had!  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2009

My worst medical experience was with this doctor. She visibly and inappropriately got upset with me because of the frustrations she was having with my condition. Her beside manners were horrible and she was one of the most uncaring physicians I have ever had. I would never recommend her to anyone.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 8th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Williams for more than 5 years. She is smart, down to earth, and easy to communicate with. Dr. Williams is ex...

|  First Class Lady  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 18th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Williams is great! I have been going to her for 9 years. She is professional, attentive, and kind. Everyone who enters her office leaves...

|  She's the best!!  |  show details
by YuriPrincess on Aug 2nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Williams is amazing!! Her office can tend to be a bit busy, and appt could run late. That doesnt compare to the service offered by her staff, as well as her nurse practioners.I will definitly go back for child #2 =0)

|  show details
Jul 24th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Great Doctor: I had my first child with Dr. Williams and am pregnant with the second. She is very laidback and straightforward. She has a great attitude and her staff is excellent. I love the nurse practitioners in the office as well...they are able to sp

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  Wonderful Dr. with Wonderful Staff  |  show details
by hhbaley on Mar 12th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Williams helped me deliver my first baby without a hitch....she's very down-to-earth and fun to be around. She has a very full schedule so appointments can seem rushed. The nurse practitioners are great and really take the time to answer questions and talk to you. The nurses and everyone in the office are so sweet.

|  Friendly and knowledgeable staff  |  show details
by Reviewer6 on Oct 24th, 2006 on kudzu.com

If you can't get in with the doctor, the nurse practioner is great.