Dr. Alisa Yang Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Alisa Yang?

Posted on April 23rd, 2016

Fortunate to see Dr Yang on short notice with pain suffering. Dr Yang was very thorough, understanding, patient, caring and explained my situation. She provided me with two appts as referrals to other departments and called me back with blood test results within approx. 2 hours.

Horrible Doctor

Posted on July 13th, 2011

She had very poor bedside manner, you could tell that she was pushing her own "agenda." Not only did she ask about whether a DNR was in place, but began to push the patient's daughter to have one..with the patient right there looking at her like she was crazy..an extrememly inappropriate conversation in tone and content!! Very pushy to release patient immediately after a 2 pint infusion with no follow up on blood work before final release..one of the worst experiences with an MD. She didn't know what to do or why the blood transfusion was needed suddenly so instead of doing some tests and investigating further, she sent the patient home as soon as the blood levels were acceptable..clearly looking out for her own liability!

Not thorough

Posted on April 1st, 2011

I saw Dr. Yang as a new patient at Kaiser. I was having new symptoms and did not understand what or why I had them. She did no physical exam or ANY tests before she prescribed a new medication that I had never taken before. The medication made my symptoms so much worse that I stopped it after 3 days.Then about a month later I developed another (unrelated), quite scary problem and needed to go to Urgent care. The doctor in Urgent care ordered several tests and told me to follow-up with Dr. Yang. But when I tried to contact her, I only received replies from her nurse who told me to start taking medications but would not tell me WHAT they were for or HOW long I should take them. When I asked about a particular diagnosis that I researched myself based on my symptoms, I got no answer whatsoever.As far as I can see, Dr. Yang has her staff responding on her behalf and is not involved with the patient personally.I switched to another primary care physician.

Posted on April 21st, 2010

Dr. Yang takes more time to listen and ensure that she understands my concerns than most physicians I have worked with. Bedside manner and considering my description of my health and concerns are clear strengths. I felt very comfortable with her personally and in terms of her clinical judgement.

Great doctor!

Posted on September 26th, 2009

I came here to submit my review because I like Dr. Yang so much and I want people to know what a good doctor she is. She is very thorough in her physical exams and keeps track of whether I'm due for my next mammogram, bone density test, colonoscopy, vaccines, etc. She gives me advice if I need to see a specialist or not, but otherwise her knowledge of medicine is so good that she takes care of most of my problems really well! Dr. Yang is a very caring doctor. She always answers my questions thoroughly and comforts me when I'm worried. She has admitting privileges at Huntington Hospital so if I ever get admitted, she will take care of me.

Posted on July 23rd, 2009

Very difficult to receive a referral from this MD. She is definitely a gate keeper.

Doctor's Response

I encourage my patients to take advantage of my medical expertise. If my patients have problems and need referrals, I want them to get the best treatment possible, so it is usually not difficult, as in fact most of my patients can attest. If my patients run into any difficulties, it might be due to limitations of their insurances--since I place the request, but the ultimate decision to approve a referral rests with the insurance itself. I encourage all my patients to please talk with me openly regarding any feedback they have so that we can work out any questions or problems you may be having.

Posted on April 28th, 2015