Dr. Alison Amsterdam MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine New York, NY

2.4

March 14th, 2016
The worst doctor in nyc, Alison Amsterdam, works here- no joke- I don't know who is writing these glowing reviews-maybe she asked her friends & family to submit these lies-

August 27th, 2015
Regrettable
Advisable to avoid this doctor at all costs. Sloppy, rude and arrogant, a truly regrettable combination for a physician.

December 17th, 2014
I found Dr. Amsterdam to be absolutely rude, impatient and insensitive. Dr. Knoepflmacher is a fine doctor and quite respectable, but the addition of Dr. Amsterdam to the practice has degraded the overall desireability to go to this practice.

April 23rd, 2012
AVOID THIS DOCTOR
Worst doctor, worst office staff. She is as rude as her staff and also a terriblke diagnostician. I went in with stomach pain, she did not even get me undressed and told me it was nothing. I ended up with a rupture appendix and nearly died. AVOID THIS "DOCTOR"

December 9th, 2010
someone not afraid to speak up
completely incompetent, possible even dangerous. misdiagnosed my pneumonia. gave me advair (probably getting paid by the company), told me to stay on ...

November 30th, 2010
completely incompetent
the absolute worst-- she barely examined me, gave me advair(probably getting paid by the company). told me i didn't have pneumonia, and instructed me to use advair for two weeks. well, after one week, my shortness of breath got worse as did all my symptoms, so i called a pulmonary specialist, who actually examined me, told me i had severe pneumonia and put me in the hospital for three days, where i got the care i needed. if i had listened to "doctor" amsterdam and stayed on that s**t she prescribed, god knows what shape i'd be in now. oh and she never caled to see how i was doing! I would sue, but i'm not that kind of person. i figure i'll let the internet and my big mouth do the work. so, if this is the type of care you like go to this incompetent thing. if you need a really good pulmonary doctor, i highly recommend dr. patrick chae or dr. louis depalo.

September 16th, 2010
She tells it like it is
Dr. Amsterdam doesn't sugar coat things. She gives you the facts and explains your options thoroughly. After my appointment, she contacted me to make sure I was ok and to see if I had any questions. She calls me herself with results to my blood work and her office staff is amazing. Brenda is the best woman every to have taken my blood.

July 29th, 2008
HORRIBLE PERSONALITY
She has the WORST bedside manner I've ever seen! She is RUDE, and has no understanding of compassion, courtesy and is completely arrogant!