Dr. Alison Desano Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alison Desano?

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Alison Desano?

11 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 11 Ratings with 1 Comment

July 29th, 2017

Terrible experience

Dr. DeSano delivered my 3rd baby although she was not my OBGYN. She was the partner to my doctor and my doctor was out of town when I was 39 weeks with my 3rd child. She did a good job with the c section and the procedure went well. After she finished stitching me up she looks me straight in the eye and says "your uterus was very thin and you had a lot of scar tissue so if you choose to have another baby, you will need to be delivered at 38 weeks." This was then communicated with my dr and we discussed it at my 6 week check up. I got pregnant again a couple years later and my doctor again reiterated what was said by Dr. DeSano and we scheduled a c section at 38 weeks as per Dr. DeSano's instructions. Well, as luck would have it, my doctor was out of town again when my scheduled c section came around with baby #4, so I was scheduled with another one of her partners. In the appointments leading up to the scheduled delivery, we discussed the thin uterus and the importance of delivering early to decrease risk of uterine rupture. 3 days before my scheduled c section, I am informed that it is not allowed for an elective c section to take place at 38 weeks and that I will have to wait until 39 weeks. I contact Dr. DeSano as she is the one who gave me the advice to go at 38 weeks immediately following her performing the previous c section, and she tells me "I would never have said that". Well, you did say that. Because not only does my doctor remember you saying it, but I certainly do as well. When you are told your uterus is thin and she makes a specific point to tell you that there could be issues if pregnancy goes beyond 38 weeks, you don't forget that. When I was speaking to her on the phone trying to understand where the miscommunication happened and if it's really safe for me to continue to 39 weeks, she is continually interrupting me and saying there is nothing she can do about it. I feel lied to and angry. I have been going to appointments for months and my c section has been scheduled for over 5 weeks and 3 days before the scheduled date they tell me that it's a no go. I would absolutely NOT recommend Dr. DeSano. She is inconsistent in her medical advice and a terrible listener. Do yourself a favor and avoid this doctor. Really, just avoid the whole practice. Long wait times and staff that is always too busy. You feel like a number being pushed through the system much more than a patient who is cared for.

April 4th, 2016