Overall Review

May 15th, 2015
Very competent in all aspects of her practice

March 6th, 2013
25+ years my doctor, and never displeased!
Top rating for every visit I have ever had with Dr Dowse and I have been seeing her for past 25 years and counting. She is a great listener and always well prepared for our appointments, she knows my history and is compassionate and empathetic despite my being a bit of a hypochondriac. I have never questioned her input or ever felt mis-diagonosed. She has always gone the extra effort when it comes to clearing medical necessity for HMO. I give her 5 stars out of 4!

February 22nd, 2013
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!
Highly discouraged- this doctor should not be practicing and should have her license revoked immediately. She mistreated my mother who is bi-lingual and neglected care of my grandmother. In fact, this lead to her untimely death and it comes down to Dr. Alison Dowse who had a simple task of prescribing antibiotics for an infection. She left it untreated thinking it would just heal on its own or wait it out- I later asked other doctors what they would do and they said she neglected to take the correct measures. She is a horrible person and a INCOMPETENT doctor who has low patience and tolerance for questions. I only write this to protect others and to ensure this does not happen again!!

February 4th, 2012
A patient of hers for last 20+ years
I have never been disappointed with a visit to Dr. Dowse. She is patient, compasionate and empathetic with excelent follow-up. She is knowledgable of my history and spends the time to learn updates since last appointment.

November 6th, 2010
Dowse is *the* model physician.
The best, hands down, for 15+ years. I got on roster when I needed named PCP for HNO >15 years ago; she had rare opening. Haven't needed official PCP for a long time since (am on PPO) a PPO for a long time since, but she's still the best interenist and the best PCP. I *want* her opinion when I need follow-up care.