Dr. Alison Mitchell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alison Mitchell?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 14th, 2017

Kind and Patient!

We always have a positive experience.

April 23rd, 2015

Unable to master cancer lump 101

I came to visit this Dr after having noticed an unusual lump in my breast. It was hard and irregularly shaped and fairly small. Naturally I was concerned about cancer. Having felt many lumps in my career I knew this was not a good lump. I requested a mammogram. Dr Mitchell did a brief exam and stated she felt it was fibrous tissue but would schedule a regular mammogram, but not a different kind because that was 'a different code'. why she was talking about codes to me remains a mystery. As it turned out, I did have breast cancer. Which I knew, from the shape and texture of the lump. What I don't know is how the Dr couldn't tell a fibrous mass from a carcinoma. After my second mammogram (the second kind she was talking about), an ultrasound and biopsy, I went in to see her for the results. You have cancer she said. Yes, and? I replied, expecting a walk through of the type, what this meant in the grand scheme of cancer and what I could expect. No, she said, you don't understand, You have Cancer! Yes, I said, elaborate on that. She repeated, you have cancer. What kind of cancer? I wanted to know. She said she didn't know, she did not have that information. Well, I said, the biopsy was done, surely it says the kind of cancer. No, they won't know that until after they do chemo, a mastectomy and radiation. Wha? Give me the pathology report, I said, it should have the type of cancer in it. Sure enough it did. Why was this Dr unable to differentiate between a fibrous mass and a cancerous mass? Does she have so little experience or is just very bad at it? Why was her dissemination of the test results to me so difficult? I came out of this exchange angry and with no confidence in this woman's abilities and felt condescended to. Her manner of telling me I had cancer was unacceptable. Boo, bad form Dr, learn some bedside manner techniques, go back to review your lumps!

April 21st, 2014

Basic

Dr. Mitchell provides basic coverage. If you have a special need she often tells you to live with it.

January 19th, 2013

The best dr. I've had

Dr Mitchell spends time with me,cares,treats me with respect. I have known her for about 8 yrs ,and I'm glad when she moved to providence med. center,I was able to still see her. Much better staff,easier appointments, and the rest of the staff are good although I don' know them as well yet. Thanks to dr Mitchell, I' m doing better and I'm telling my mom to go see her,because she really cares.

September 24th, 2015