Overall Review

September 16th, 2016
Dr young is a compassionate bright Doctor. I have recommended her to numerous friends who have also been pleased with her practice.

September 1st, 2016
Alison is very knowledgably in her field and caring about her patients. I had very good experience with her.

March 8th, 2016
My husband and I went together for a full skin exam with Dr. Young. We thought she was outstanding however we did not know her assistant was going to remain in the room the whole time during our exams. This was a horribly uncomfortable experience to be completely naked while the doctor's assistant was looking on, especially for my husband. The office should consider a partial curtain for the patients comfort. We don't feel it's necessary for the assistant to view our bodies the whole time while the doctor is trying to examine our private areas. When my husband called to cancel his follow up appointment due to an illness, the office staff was completely rude to him and would not let him rebook. We absolutely loved Dr. Young, however not worth the drive to Seattle with such rude treatment by the front office staff and lack of comfort during our initial exams. Unfortunately, they just lost 2 patients.

June 8th, 2015
Extraordinary physician
Dr. Young is a rare combination of above average intelligence, kindness, and efficiency in every detail. Always personable and focused she is a gem every time she sees me. Will not see anyone else for skin care in Seattle.

February 24th, 2015
Very smart, very thorough, yet completely down-to-earth and friendly. I've been to probably a dozen dermatologists over the years for mostly minor issues, and I am glad that I finally found Alison Young. I know that if anything serious ever did arise, I would be in extremely capable hands. Yet nothing is beneath her -- a simple rash is as interesting and important to her as is skin cancer. And since she is also a dermatopathologist, she has an inclination actually to diagnose what she's working on (including through biopsy, if indicated) rather than just guessing and throwing various medications at the problem. I'm glad that she's younger than I am, because I want her to be part of my care team for a long time.

September 25th, 2013
Executive Vice President of Retail Real Estate
Virginia Mason got lucky in finding Dr. Young. Many of their former premium doctors and N.P.s have left V.M. I only come to V.M. to see Dr. Young. I have outsourced for all other needs. She gives the Nordstrom care, which is now rare at V.M. She has always been informative and gives the TLC that you would hope for by a doctor. She should be rewarded and awarded for being an example of how V.M. should care for patients.

September 7th, 2013
Skin check and Biopsy
All of the Derm Dr's I've been to in the past were short, to the point, and not the friendliest. Dr Young is very kind, compassionate, and she even kept me laughing throughout my longer then anticipated appointment. She is very through and answers all of your questions without making you feel like a weirdo for asking. She is also brilliant, I felt very secure with her knowledge and expertise in her field. What a gift to the medical community! She ended up doing 9 biopsys, and SHE kept apologizing for keeping me so long! She was worried about a few moles and didn't want to take a chance, so ended up taking more then we thought initially. Wow, what a breath of fresh air to go to a skin specialist and feel like they genuinely care for their patient! I will tell everyone I know to go see her if they need a good Derm!! Her staff is amazing as well, I was very impressed.

June 19th, 2013
Professional, caring and trustworthy
Dr. Young is the first doctor in my long experience with doctors who was extremely attentive to my needs, very kind, polite, and caring. What I also appreciate is she explained the whole situation, presented me with different options without imposing any of them and let me choose. The feedback process was amazing - I got a call from her nurse with the lab results exactly at the time when I expected it, and I also received quite a package of newest data about my decease in the mail a few days after. I would strongly recommend this doctor to anyone who needs a genuinely caring professional. Thank you so much, Dr. Young and your staff, for the most wonderful medical service.

November 17th, 2011
Caring and Skilled
Dr. Young is thorough and considerate. Getting a full body skin cancer exam could be embarrassing. Dr. Young only undrapes the area of the body she is examining. I have heard horror stories of people having to stand naked in front of their doctor during these exams.She was excellent about suggesting different methods of getting Vitamin D, but shielding myself from the sun. And, when she did have to remove an area for biopsy, it was quick and painless. Additionally, she gave excellent aftercare advice. I have a minimal scar as a result. If you have skin cancer or are worried about skin cancer, I highly recommend Dr. Young.