Dermatologists
Video profile
3461 US Highway 22
Branchburg, NJ 08876
908-752-4777
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Money Matters Most  |  show details
by Lorraine on Apr 22nd, 2014

It saddens me to write that because of a $30.00 billing error on the part of Blue Cross that was not owed (our $5000.00 Catastrophic Protection Maximum was met well before my husband's appointment with Dr. Fox in 2013), I was forced to "fire" her after her husband/partner chose to believe that insurance companies are incapable of making mistakes and handled my phone call to resolve the issue in the most unprofessional, obnoxious manner. We had no major complaints with Dr. Alissa Fox, other than her speedy demeanor and rush to the next patient routine, which is now understandable now that I am aware of how important the almighty dollar is to her husband/partner. I might add that the few other physicians that I had this Blue Cross issue with understood the problem I had in resolving their billings and were not willing to let money come before their patient. For being in business so many years, the Drs. Fox still have some learning to do. I have cancelled all upcoming appointments for my family, and if you choose to deal with a doctor who is more interested in you, rather than your pocketbook, than there are plenty of others to choose from.

Jan 10th, 2014

Had a painful skin infection in the groin area and she took the time to call me at night to follow up. She properly diagnosed it and provided the proper care. On other exams I had I found her exam was quick and I felt rushed in and out.

|  Skin Cancer and the dermatologist to choose!  |  show details
by Annonomous on Jun 28th, 2013

I have never responded to a review on line of anything or anyone, and certainly not a physician; however, I need to share my experience with Alissa B Fox. Being light skinned and due to family history of skin cancer, I had been seeing Dr Fox for annual check ups for 10 years. I did think her office visits were rather harried but assumed it was her style. Certainly for 9 years there had not been an incident with skin cancer, therefore i assumed she was fast paced but excellent in her medical field. Shortly after my annual check up I brought a suspicious growth on my leg to her attention. She dismissed this growth as a bacterial growth and perscribed an antibiotic cream. I was so relieved that my suspicians were wrong and trusted her professional opinion. Within 3 weeks it was evident to me it was cancer, but I didn't want to believe it or say it. Her attitude when pressed for discussion or an appointment for that matter, is beyond dismissive. It is professionally irresponsible. Her misdiagnosis added 4 more weeks to the process. I needed to see her again, then get an appointment with a surgeon for a biopsy. To her shock the tumor was very large at that point. Responding only, " You have to see a surgeon. "There was no discussion regarding different procedures available to me as a patient. Two surgeons were recommended both using Mohs micro surgery. At her recommendation I have been under a dermatological surgeons' care for 14 months, 7 tumors to date on both my shins, and 4 more biopsied last week. I contacted Dr Fox with my ongoing concerns and asked if see was in contact with the surgeon regarding my case. The return call was again irresponsible & dismissive. "No, she knows nothing of my medical condition. Has not spoken to the surgeon. Has not seen me in a year and would have to see me so I would have to make an appointment." More substantially " that it was MY RESPONSIBILITY to inform her!!! The same questions and concerns were related to the surgeon after the 3rd surgery and ongoing until I emphatically stating last week "that something is wrong." It has been a calamity of medical ineptness beginning with Dr. A. Fox. In retrospect, I should have questioned her fact pace and the fact that she did not perform NOT ONE preventative pre-cancer procedure in 9 years. And again we know now she mis -diagnosed my cancer when she had the opportunity and DID NOT explain any options or alternatives beyond surgery! What is it with our medical professionals? It has become OUR JOB to educated ourselves and shop around for the best medical plan & procedure. BEWARE OF DR FOX AT LEAST FOR TREATING SKIN CANCER, or even recognizing it for that matter. The good news is I have found a new doctor and a new treatment. Having had to fire them both. I will say he is appalled at hearing my story and the unnecessary mutilation on my once lovely dancer legs. PATIENT BEWARE!

|  couldn't ask for a better dermatologist !  |  show details
by Derya on Mar 29th, 2013

I use to have terrible acne, she has cured it. Its incredible, I actually feel so much more confident with my face! She's the best! I've been seeing her for a little more than two years. I definitely would recommend her!

|  fantastic  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

wonderful experience. She listened and acted upon my "tale". I was misdiagnosed for years. Until she took control and abled me to live a somewhat normal lifestyle.

|  Best Dermatologist  |  show details
by Janine Jaloway on May 30th, 2012

Dr Fox is number one! Best Doctor in the business! I love her and have been seeing her for years. She is excellent. My family all sees her.

Apr 15th, 2012

Our family of five has been seeing Dr. Fox for several years for everything from pre-cancerous spots to acne to psoriasis. Once you get your first appointment as a new patient, wait time for subsequent appointments isn't long. Wait time in the office once you arrive is very reasonable. She knows her stuff and can tell you the correct diagnosis at a glance. That said, she is a Type A whirlwind, so if you have a question you can't be shy about speaking up. She will take the time to talk to you about it.

|  My ReviewMy Review  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2011

If anyone wants to experience what it feels like to be an object on an assembly line operating at top speed, I recommend you visit Dr. Alissa Fox. Leaving the office I felt as though I had been caught in a whirlwind and not at all convinced that my body had been thoroughly examined.

|  Dr.Fox is Great  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

Just by looking at me Dr.Fox knew just what thew problem was..she sent me to NY for a final diagnosis and they confirmed that she was right...she is the Best!!!

|  Dr. Fox is the best!  |  show details
by Dr. Fox is the best! on Dec 11th, 2009

Dr. Fox has treated two of my family members before I finally went to see her with an "emergency" appt. I had a horrible 'rash' all over my body that made me absolutely miserable. I had to wear long sleeves and pants all summer b/c it looked so awful. I went to see her and she took one look at it and knew right away it was psoriasis. She started treating me immediately and I am so grateful. A year and a half later, my psoriasis has improved so much that it makes me cry. I had no insurance and she worked with me financially and made sure I got the medicine I needed. I am so grateful to her; she is amazing! She is very busy, so you need to make your appointments months in advance. I have never had to wait in her office...the longest was maybe 1-2 minutes. She usually takes me before I even sit down!

by John on Feb 13th, 2009

She can identify problems and treats them perfectly. Great follow up care.