Dr. Aliya Poshni MD Patient Reviews

3.1

March 18th, 2013
Very competent and knowledgeable
Dr. Poshni took care of me thru a a very difficult time. She is not only competent but also a very caring doctor.

November 12th, 2012
The worst obgyn experience ever
Dr Poshni was the rudest doctor I have ever met, totally unprofessional, and I would absolutely never go to her again. I want to save others from the grief and agony she caused me during and after my exam with her.

August 17th, 2012
Dr. Poshni is the Best!
Dr. Poshni has been my OB/GYN since 2006 and she is the best. She is truly a brillant doctor. She cares about her patients to the fullest. I would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone! God bless Dr. Poshni.

August 9th, 2012
Love the doctor, hate the wait. Hopefully the new office will be better.

June 12th, 2012
Long waiting time
I go to see Dr. Poshini at Laurel, MD location for my ob-gyn routine and if required additional check ups from last 3-4 yrs. I must say waiting at this location is unbelievable and never ending. This time I have called at least 5 times to get my test result report and no one called me back for longest time. Finally my 6th try was a success with a long wait on phone to get transferred to a right person to talk. If I find other option I rather not go to this place and not spend my time on waiting. I have been in a situation where my appointment was at 9:30 a person came after me had her appointment after me, I am still waiting and she was taken care by staff and by doctor. I had scheduled meeting at 11:00 which is very much time if everything goes normal or lit late but I was still at doctor's office at my meeting time. After asking staff and sharing my concerns what they are going to say 'oh I am sorry, we apologize for any inconvenience'. I hope that is not normal practice at this location...!!!

August 30th, 2011
good doctor but always have to wait at least 1 hr
good doctor but always have to wait at least 1 hr even with an appt

March 20th, 2011
Caring and thoughtful
I thoroughly disagree with the above remark. 3 out of my 4 children were delivered by doctor Poshni. I would recommend her to family and friends. She has an excellent bedside manner and she does take the time to explain. She has called me at home. I have recommended her to my sister and she delivered her baby as well.

December 17th, 2010
Worst doctor I have seen
Aliya Poshni is the worst doctor I have seen, You have to wait atleast 45 - 60 mins after you get inside the examination room, She does not care about the patients, but only herself. My wife went to labor on a Sunday, Dr Poshini never came to hospital inspite of repeated request by hospital even though she was in town, then she visited my wife after 3 days after the delivery. She prescribes unwated tests and makes you go through all the pain. I will never recommend this doctor to even my enemy.

September 3rd, 2010
Dr. Poshni and the doctors at Contemporary OB GYN are excellent practitioners. Dr. Poshni in particular helped me deal with very challenging gynecologic issues. I was very mpressed with her knowledge and composure. She helped me understand my problem and helped me seek the appropriate treatment. I wholeheartedly recommend this practice and Dr. Poshni

February 2nd, 2009
don't go unless you love waiting and don't care about an accurate diagnosis
She made me wait for at least 1.5 hours, then was completely cold and rushed, finally telling me everything was fine. Everything was NOT fine, and I told her I'd never come back, and she couldn't have cared less.

April 30th, 2008
Disappointed
I was seeing Dr. Poshni for about 2 years. She is a good doctor when it comes to general stuff, but if you have anything abnormal, she isn't very good. I waited for over 2 hours for a scheduled procedure, was given incorrect information about the procedure, had to sign an outdated release form with more incorrect information and finally gave up and left. Dr. Poshni was not concerned that I was upset about how unprofessional things were and told me that no one else had complained about the wait. I won't be going back. I found a new doctor who told me the procedure I had scheduled and did not have was unnecessary and way too aggressive for someone my age. It can cause problems getting pregnant and there are other less risky options! I'm glad I got a second opinion!