A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alka Palekar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alka Palekar, MD is board certified in Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology and Cytopathology.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Palekar graduated from Grant Medical College, Mumbai.
Dr. Palekar has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alka S Palekar MD is a female Pathologist, has 46 years of experience and practices in Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology, and Anatomic Pathology.
- Where does Dr. Alka S. Palekar practice?
- Dr. Alka Palekar has 1 office location.
Dr. Alka Palekar practices Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology, and Anatomic Pathology near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Pathologists.