Dr. Alka Rishi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

February 27th, 2015
great Dr and nurses horrible wait times
Horrible wait time 45 min after your app time. Horrible follow up appt. Receptionist is no help when you call. The nurses a really awesome the Dr is great but the way her office is run needs some work.

April 23rd, 2013
Puts Patients First Before Money
There are so many opinions so how do you determine which review is accurate? You can't so I try to judge based on actions not words. Actions speak for itself. Does she hire Nurse Practioners or Physician Assistants to see more patients and make more money? No, she sees all the patients herself. Does she schedule 40 patients a day like most OB's with half of those being seen by a Nurse Practioner or P.A.? No, she sees about 20 patients and she sees them all by herself. Does she do cheesy 3-D ultrasounds, botox and liposuction like some OB's, nope! She's been practicing 40 + years and has not been sued once. Her medical record is clean which speaks for itself. I had a great experience with her. But I guess some people would rather have dishonest doctors as long as they tell them what they want to hear. I highly recommend her.

August 8th, 2012
VIP Service
Dr. Rishi is old school which I like. She sees all her patients herself and I never saw a midlevel like a nurse practioner or physician assistant. She wasn't a conveyor belt doctor rushing from room to room to try to see too many patients. During labor, she personally checked up on me hours before delivery to see that I was doing alright. It was nice knowing that she was going to deliver my child and that I wasn't going to be seen by another doctor since she is a solo practioner. Her malpractice record is spotless and it shows since her attention to detail was amazing. She is really honest but not mean or blunt. I think some patients are pretty high maintenance and get their feelings hurt when their butt isn't kissed. It was nice to have an honest and most importantly ethical doc treating me.

March 7th, 2012
Awful awful doctor
Tis doctor does not take the time to know you or what is needed to help you. At my first appt. Dr. Rishi said my bp was so high that I needed to be admitted right away. I advised that I had not taken my bp mess due to the early hour. Nothing was done about that. She did not order any..ANY meds. when I asked why I had not been given anything to lower my bp she said they were waiting on a specialist. FOR WHAT??? I am already diagnosed and have been for years and am on meds. I was there for 8 hours and was given NOTHING for my bp. I walked out against her orders so I could go take my meds before I have a stroke. That is not even the worst of i

May 3rd, 2010
Unbelievable
I had Dr. Rishi as my OB/GYN during my pregnancy and her care was bad enough to cause me to find another doctor. She missed a bladder infection for over two weeks, she never looked at my sonogram history and missed a subchorionic hemorrhage, and she NEVER checked for heartbeat past 12 weeks. Today, I went to the ER (twenty weeks) because I had been throwing up for over 12 hours even after taking Phenergan. I was sent to L&D where Dr. Rishi was on call. Despite the fact that the nurse stated that my urine showed severe dehydration, Dr. Rishi refused to even see me, much less give me a simple IV, and returned me to the ER where people had been waiting for over eight hours to be seen. By far the worst medical care I have ever received...however she fits right in rest of the staff at Metroplex Hospital. Absolutely horrible.