Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 4th, 2015

My children have been seeing Dr. Dorfman for almost 12 years. She is a wonderful woman and seems to be a knowledgeable doctor. Her office staff (not including nurses) on the other hand are some of the most ignorant people I have ever come across in a professional setting. I was directly lied to today by Mary Lou, Mary Ann, and Erin(I think that is her name she is new) My family was completely disrespected, and I was eventually told by the office manager that Dr. Dorfman would absolutely not speak to me, and that if I did not pay $50 for a late fee, that she was fine with losing my 4 children as patients. I have a hard time believing that Dr. Dorfman was informed as to the situation today. The office called me at 12:18 to tell me that there was an appointment at 1:00. I told them I had no idea what time the appointment was, and that my wife would be there because she is going to take them. I was then called at 1:28 by the new girl, who was more rude than anyone I have ever spoken to at that office. She informed me that my wife was still not at the appointment for my 9 month old twins, and that the appointment was at 1:00. I was then told that there would be a $25 late fee for each kid for the free wellness visit. I told her that she needed to speak to my wife, because as I told the first person, I have no idea what time the appointment was. She then told me that it was at 1:00. Somewhat concerned, I called my wife several times and she did not answer. She was at the Dr. Office at 1:27 (according to my 11yo) and was turned away. She asked if she could wait and Mary Lou told her no. She would need to pay $50 and reschedule. My wife was furious, and she had no Idea that I had already spoken to the office. She called me at 1:39 from our home which is only 3 miles away, however she burned some time putting 2 carseats in along with my other 2 children. She told me at that point that her appointment was actually at 1:20, and that she had 2 voicemails from the office that confirmed. Then she had one that said it was at 1:00. My wife actually drove back to the office and played the voicemails for the staff, and then she was told that she was already 20 min late so she could not be seen. 1:27 she shows up and is turned away, puts kids back in the car, then calls me at 1:39 on her way back to the office. Then she is turned away again after she shows them actual proof that we are being lied to. I DO NOT LIKE TO BE LIED TO. So I contacted the office to speak to the Dr. I was redirected to the Office manager who told me that we are consistently late. Funny, this is the first day that we were ever told about it, and my wife and 9 month old twins were 7 mins late for a well check. I then asked her if we had 2 appointments, to with she told me that she was not going to debate this, we were late and had to pay. I then asked her what amount of time was allotted for out 1:20 appointment (and reminded her that she along with the other 2 persons lied to me about the 1:00 appointment) She told me 20 min total, so 10 min per child. I again asked to speak to Dr. Dorfman, because I believe that she is unaware of what actually transpired. I was told that if I didn't want to pay, the office did not want my children as patients, and they could mail me some forms to get the records. I told them I would be there in 10 mins. I went up to the office, again asked to speak to Dr. Dorfman. It should be noted that I was the only person in the waiting room at this time. I was told that she was booked solid, and that she wouldn't speak to me about this, and she was fine with my family leaving the practice. I was pointed at, yelled at, and lied to again by the office manager. I asked her directly what time the appointment was, and she said it really didn't matter because we are always late. I asked her to clarify how the appointment time didn't matter, when it is the sole reason that my wife showed up when she did. That she was told she was too late, when she was not, and that the office was the reason she was there when she was. After the Office manager raised her voice me several times, I raised mine right back. I was then told to leave the office out of courtesy to the other patients. I was still the only one in the room. I told her I could care less about any other patient other than my 4 children and that it really didn't matter if we continued to talk, because she would just continue to lie. I asked her to please have Dr. Dorfman contact me. She replied that she would pass the message. I will hold my breath to see how it turns out. Dr. Dorfman, If you actually read these, and it was your choice not to speak to me, I can not begin to describe the disappointment I have with you and your staff. I believe you were not informed, and that you may actually care which is why I am writing this on your practice page.

Oct 10th, 2014

We have had Dr Dorfman for 14 yrs. We love her professionalism, bedside manners, expertise and love she has shown our children. We trust her. Unfortunately, our last two experiences there have been less than good. On our most recent appt they lost our appointment in the system or someone didn't enter it correctly. When I showed up they didn't apologize and acted as if I was wrong. However they agreed to get my 14 yr old son in for the 3rd shot in a three part series. After 20 minutes of waiting, a nurse who opened the door asked if I was waiting for an appointment. I stated yes and told her our name. She then closed the door. Within a few minutes I could hear two people behind the desk talking about us and questioning why we were still in the waiting area. After 45 minutes, I explained I would just need to reschedule. The service has been less than pleasant by the front desk. Too bad because we love Dr. Dorfman.

Jul 17th, 2013

I can not say enough good things about Dr. Dorfman. She is kind, caring and really loves the kids. She has been my daughter's pediatrician for 10 years, since the day she was born. She came highly recommended and after we interviewed her while I was pregnant, there was no question that she was who I wanted to care for my baby. When I asked her "What kinds of things should I call you for" her answer was "Anything and everything, any time". My daughter loves Dr. Dorfman too! Oh, and I must mention her wonderful staff too!!!

Oct 8th, 2012

Dr. Dorfman is always prepared for our appointments. She remembers significant and relevant information from previous visits and I always feel like she is truly vested in the care of our son. I'd absolutely recommend Dr. Dorfman!

Wonderful Doctor! show details Wonderful Doctor!
Aug 30th, 2011

This is a wonderful Pediatrician! I have been going to her since my first child was born! She is very caring, and always remembers facts about my girls, both personal and medical. She was quick to diagnose my oldest when she was born with Mild torticolis so that we could start therapy early. And thanks to her, there were no long term effects and she is now perfectly fine! She never makes you feel silly for asking a first time parent type question...and really cares for her patients! I recommend her 100%