Overall Review

3.6

April 8th, 2013
Wish More Drs Were Like Dr Bock
I went to see Dr. Bock about a recurring issue with my eyelid (allergic reaction to unknown irritant). He was thorough in his assessment, took the time to explain the possible solutions and even suggested another Dr who may be the next step. He was warm, gracious and charming. Wish more doctors treated their patients like Dr. Bock. I would recommend him to anyone at any age.

June 22nd, 2012
Great allergist!
He is very thorough, listens to parents and spends time explaining issues and problems to both the parents and patients.

October 3rd, 2011
We relocated from out of state, and I took my son who suffers from food allergies to see Dr. Bock. He is very professional and friendly--my 2 and a half year old son was completely at ease in his office. He gave us a lot of information and handouts to take home and explained our next steps very well without being condescending. It was really refreshing to see an allergist who actually tested for multiple sensitivities (our old allergist refused to do that and only told us to avoid anything and everything he MIGHT be allergic to until he was 5). I'm excited because we may begin food challenges with some of the allergies my son might be outgrowing--the ability to take him to a restaurant without packing him his own meal from home is huge, and Dr. Bock seems to be genuinely interested in his safety but also in giving him a more normal life.

August 15th, 2011
Not a good experience
Dr. Bock is obviously an intelligent physician and researcher, but he is quite simply the rudest, most condescending doctor I have ever seen. He was disrespectful to me in front of my son and then humiliated my son who cried after the appointment. He left both of us feeling horrible about our intuition and our hard work to manage my son's food allergies. His information may be good, but his delivery is demeaning and better suited for a hostile courtroom cross examination.

July 11th, 2011
Great allergist
Dr. Bock is an exceptional allergist. He has been treating our daughters food allergies for 3 years now and I find him honest and straight forward. He genuinely loves these kids and will answer questions. He shares research with you, respects your role as a parent and understands the myriad issues involved in keeping a child safe. He is very straighforward and his manner might not be warm and fuzzy with parents but I have a fantastic dialogue with him and I know that my girls are being treated by the best. I think with allergies and especially food allergies, there is so little understood and known and a lot of people get angry at Dr.'s because it feels so out of control. I appreciate that Dr. Bock says "we dont know" when the medical research doesnt know.

October 18th, 2010
Such a great doctor!! He completely eased my worries about my allergies and asthma, and he helped me a great deal. He made me smile and made me feel at ease.

January 27th, 2010
I felt Dr. Bock was rude and condescending to me as a mother. Rather than overlook my reference to peanuts as a nut, he rudely pointed out that it is a legume and not a nut and embarrassed me in front of my child. He was impersonal and seemed bored.

April 9th, 2008
Save your Time and Money- Don't visit Dr. Allen Bock
Dear Friends, We took our four month old baby to see Dr.Bock. She has severe Eczema. He barely spend 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes, he gave a quick treatment. He didn't bother to explain how to take care of her skin. He never followed up. His nurse NEVER returned my calls. My daughter had been in severe pain and had rashes all over Dr. ALLEN BOCK IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE COME ACROSS, HE HAD NO CONCERN FOR MY LITTLE BABY AND SHOWED NO CARE. If you are looking for Allergist in Boulder,Colorado area. Please go to National Jewish Asthma and Allergy Institute. We took our daughter there and she has improved drastically. The doctors were ready to hear and help us.