A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allan Friedman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allan Friedman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Friedman
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Friedman Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allan Friedman, DPM, FACS, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Brain Cancer (Oligodendroglioma)
- Brain Disorder
- Central Nervous System Cancer (CNS Neoplasm)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Intracranial Vasospasm
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Peripheral Nervous System Cancer
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Skull Base Cancer
- Spinal Cord Cancer
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Education & Awards
Dr. Friedman graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Friedman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Durham Regional Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Allan Howard Friedman DPM, FACS, and MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Allan H. Friedman practice?
- Dr. Allan Friedman has 1 office location.
Dr. Allan Friedman practices Neurological Surgery near Durham, NC.
See Durham Surgeons.