Dr. Allan Friedman Is this you?

Successful meningioma removal

Posted on November 30th, 2015

Wonderful doctor!! I am a young woman who had a benign meningioma (2cm X 2cm X 2cm) in the CPA region. Dr. Friedman and Dr. Fukushima worked together to successfully remove 100% of it in a 4 hour operation on Oct 1 this year. Following surgery, my only side effects were an echo in my left ear and difficulty swallowing. It took a while, but today (11/30/15) I am happy to say that these problems have gone completely away. I am the same person I was before the procedure, but in better health. =) I am so grateful to Dr. Friedman and Dr. Fukushima for their amazing expertise. <3 I can't recommend either of them enough.

Posted on January 14th, 2015

does not explain what is going to happen, i was rushed into the surgery and now suffere complications -- BIG TIME! he is not a guru in his area any more

Dead End

Posted on November 12th, 2014

Thanks for nothing. Spent nearly 45 min. waiting in the exam room, freezing in a gown before he came in nearly an hour past my appointment time. Did not want to take a full medical history or assessment of my chronic symptoms. Ignored the visible symptoms presented during the appointment. Didn't even assess the specific area of injury and widespread problem. Failed to diagnose and evaluate a known disease. The intake staff are lovely, caring and professional. This doctor could care less about patients' problems. He was quick to refer me to someone else who we both know won't be able to help and offer appropriate medical care. This was yet another dead end.

Excellent surgeon who saved my life

Posted on December 1st, 2009

This doctor is the best brain surgeon around. After having an unexplained seizure in the 37th week of pregnancy (healthy baby was delivered safely), I underwent multiple head CTs, MRIs and MR Spectroscopies and each one indicated a different diagnosis. After a couple more seizures, I was referred to Dr. Friedman who picked up the original head CT done the night of the first seizure and said "This is a brain tumor". However, since there had been multiple conflicting diagnoses he said he would have to perform a brain biopsy to prove his theory (this was not fun), and he was correct. He personally followed up to give me the final diagnosis of brain tumor, he personally scheduled the surgery, and he personally performed both surgeries (biopsy and craniotomy). He was also readily available to the ER staff 10 days after the craniotomy when I developed a blood clot. Overall excellent physician and highly recommended!

The worst office staff ever!

Posted on April 1st, 2009

The office staff is Cut and dry, and just plain rude. I have heard amazing things about the doctor. If you can get past the office staff, you will probably find yourself in the hands of a good doctor. His office staff, probably are chipping away at his reputation, unfortunately.

Posted on January 3rd, 2017