A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allan Jacobs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allan Jacobs is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Jacobs
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Jacobs Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allan Jacobs, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Jacobs graduated from University Of Cape Town. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Jacobs has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Hartford Hospital
- Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Allan Michael Jacobs MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Allan M. Jacobs practice?
- Dr. Allan Jacobs has 1 office location.
Dr. Allan Jacobs practices Psychiatry, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, and Addiction Psychiatry near West Hartford, CT.
See West Hartford Psychiatrists and West Hartford Child Psychiatrists.