Surgeons

9300 SW 87th Ave
Suite 6
Miami, FL 33176
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

• Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 4th, 2014

The day I met this doctor I thought wow a doctor who really cares. Who wants to help me . The surgeries he offered at first I refused knowing what they were capable of doing , back surgery should always be your last option. I was offered something else that was suppose to give me my life back, I could go to work again, I would be physically active like I always had been. At the time I was still able to walk 2 miles a day but had to take pain meds and used heat for back spasms. He called me and asked me to come back and see him that he had something else that would do miracles for me up walking the same day . A I hour procedure. It turned into a 4 and 1/2 surgery. I was in the hospital aprox. A month. My pain was unbearable rate it a 20 nothing like I could ever imagine. I could not move my leg . I am using a walker and wheelchair till this day and take enough narcotics that are used for cancer patients,.i lost my life. I was a different person. Never to feel hole again. Thought of as a crippled . Unable to participate in my sons life. And no answers given except to my family surgery was a success. This happens and she will be fine in a week, month, year, .... Now it is almost seven and no change. I broke off our relationship after I realized nothing was changing no other Neuro surgeon would touch me I at least got to see a pain doctor who would try and relieve some of my pain. I was diagnosed with CRPS type 2 related to nerve damage from the surgery. Sometimes I wished for my family and my sake I died on the table. It just didn't effect my life it effected every relationship I had with family and friends. I wish at the time he at least tried to correct the damage he did. Prior to the procedure(surgery) he could not have been nicer, took a lot of time , called me at home. After he just mailed my scripts to me . I don't think he wanted to see me. I know there was guilt on his side. He didn't want this to have happened, but it did and mistakes were made. My face was a reminder that he was not a talented surgeon. And broke his promise.

|  I am sorry to say.  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2013

My poor mother-in-law was operated by Dr. Jorge -- she has never been the same. She lives with constant pain and has been to at least 2 other surgeons who say she was totally butchered.

|  My husband had a GBM and he was on call,tragic!  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

My Dr was Dr Aizik Wolf. He is a wonderful DR. Unfortunately he left on a trip when my husband ended up in the hospital. He left his colleague Dr Jorge in charge. My husband was dying , I called Dr Jorge over 20 times, he never returned my calls until the next day. It was too late and my husband died, he was only 43 years old. He has no bedside manners, not carrying at all. My husband had a fatal disease but he would have lasted longer if he would of receive the care he needed. Dr Wolf got on a plane and flew back from Greece but by then it was too late.

|  Office staff is a nightmare  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Jorge for a possible spinal fusion. I don't doubt his expertise as a physician and surgeon and I was impressed with the amount of time that he spent explaining the operation and listening to my concerns and questions.However, his office staff is unprofessional and disorganized. On the day of my first appointment, I had to arrange to take 1/2 day from work only to get to the office and be told that he had an emergency surgery. The person in the office LIED and said that she had attempted to call me when they had my work, home, and mobile numbers. None of them had messages left for me. So, rather than wasting time, I asked if I could complete any paperwork at that time so that it was ready for my next appointment.When I went for the 2nd appointment, I was given the same set of paperwork. When I explained that I had already completed it at the previous cancelled visit, I was told that the forms had been shredded.I also had been given a prescription for an MRI (which my insurance required pre-authorization). When I questioned this with the staff, I was rudely told that it was MY responsibility to get the authorization and appointment. When i called the insurance company, they couldn't believe that I was given those instructions. They said that it was the office responsibility as they needed diagnostic codes and other medical information which the average patient would NOT understand or be privy to. I decided to go to another surgeon - not because I didn't trust HIS expertise, but if I had a problem after surgery, I felt that the office staff would not relay the message or I would be in pain at the hospital waiting for a return call for extra medication - possibly for hours because the office staff may not have relayed the message.I did write him a letter so that he was aware of the problems with his staff. After all, they can make or break the reputation of a physician. He seemed offended and I never saw him again.This was 4 years ago, so I hope that his staff has gotten their act together or he has weeded out the incompetent individuals.My recommendation would be to give him a try, but if you start seeing "red flags" with the office staff, find another neurosurgeon.

|  Josefina Vizoso - Deceased  |  show details
by Carlos M Pazos, Josefina's brother. email carlosmpazos@comcast.net on Sep 10th, 2010

Allan Jorge severed Josefina's vena cava and iliac artery during a "minimally invasive lower back surgery". She bled to death in an instant. This took place on May 11, 2005 at Miami's Mercy Hospital. You can verify this by going to Miami Dade County Clerk of Courts Civil Cases and searching for the lawsuit filed against Allan Jorge who continues to perform surgery without supervision. I demanded a drug test be performed on Allan Jorge and Mercy Hospital refused (as well as Allan Jorge himself). Be very careful when dealing with this individual who dares to call himself a Doctor.

by Richard Emam-Zade on Apr 25th, 2010

Doctor Alan Jorge treated me thru stretching exercises to control my lower back pain doe to humongous herniated disc.He was my 3rd opinion Doctor after the two previous recommended a spinal surgeryAfter over 5 years after Doctor Allan Jorge attended me I have no back pain, and if I feel some pain with his stretching routine after a few days the pain is gone.

|  Grateful  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2009

I am grateful I did the procedure he recommended since it was simple versus a five hour operation I was offer by another doctor. I regain quality of life thanks to him. His bedside manner were excellent.

|  Honesty,trust,helpful,willing  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2009

He only want to make moneys,but when ,you ask for his second opion,he willing to help for another surgery but not guarantee,as longs he got his K$,ask him to writting a report for summitt an medical for legal,and he pickout of thin air,him and some of this pain management,They both love to take your moneys, when you paid up front .but when you ask them for medical after surgery and you still have the problem worse than before ,that they don't care,as long him and his Pain Jeckal&Mr,Hide got there moneys.....to me he not that experience as the best Neuro. Surgent,MONEY AS ALL IS MATTER AND THERE HEALTH ,IS ALL IT MATTER AND AS LONG SOME ONE IS DISABLE AND SICK THEY DON'T CARE,HIM AND THE ONE CALL AS A PAIN DR. NAME EMILLIO S. ,this 2 I can't trust ,luckly I didn't get the surgery with this 2,or else I be in big financial problem,no need from this 2 second opion....

|  EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN & HUMAN BEING  |  show details
by JILL VILLAVICENCIO on Feb 27th, 2009

I WAS IN A WHEELCHAIR FOR OVER A YEAR, WITH LITTLE HOPE. AFTER 5 CONSULTATIONS, DR. JORGE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS WILLING TO HELP ME (DUE TO MY YOUNGER AGE). I ASKED FOR A 10% IMPROVEMENT AND AFTER THE SURGERY AND RECOVERY, I WAS GIVEN 80%!

Feb 18th, 2009

I have had two appointments with this doctor, and he has cancelled both for his personal reasons. Rescheduling is next to impossible in my time line. He doesn't seem to care that his patients want to see him because they are in pain. I have no confidence that another appointment won't be cancelled as well.

Oct 8th, 2008

My husband was at the hospital dying we called him over 20 times and he wouldn't respond.