Dr. Allan Kessel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 25th, 2016
He Saved My Son
I have social anxiety and really, seriously hate going to any doctor, especially an OBGYN as you can imagine. Now I have a doctor that I don't dread going to. I wound up being assigned to Dr. Kessel when I was pregnant and my old doctor at Rubino had retired. He helped me through the hardest time of my life including a loss, a very difficult pregnancy full of complications, and a pretty traumatic premature birth with a significant recovery. Long story short, Dr. Kessel saved my son's life. My son is here and alive today because of this man. He took my gut feelings seriously when most wouldn't. He managed to get me into surgery only hours after we found out about my problem to give my son the best chance possible. He made sure I got the medicine I needed even with insurance problems. He was patient with my paranoia after all this and was there to reassure me every step of the way. He took amazing care of me throughout the entire pregnancy, birth, and recovery afterwards. I am eternally grateful for him and my husband and I are honored that he was the one to deliver our son. As a doctor He is patient, kind, and compassionate. He is the best doctor I have ever met in my entire life and I literally could not recommend him enough.

July 26th, 2016
Find someone else
He seems like a nice Doctor until you get pregnant and have to routinely visit him. He sees so many patients I felt like a dollar sign and not a live person. It's like he didn't remember me from visit to visit. Unacceptable level of care.

March 16th, 2016
If you want a doctor who will guide you through pregnancy using scare tactics, Dr Kessel is the one. I appreciated his expertise in the beginning, but the overbearing nature of him and the practice was terrible. He scared me at every appointment. My pregnancy was awful. I will never go back here and have found another doctor for my next pregnancy.

December 8th, 2015
Straight forward, caring, and kind of hilarious
Dr. Kessel is a consummate professional. His bedside manner is extremely attentive, thorough, and analytical, without being pandering. If you're someone who likes to be treated with kid gloves, he's perhaps not the doctor for you. However, if you value being spoken to directly and as an equal, Dr. Kessel's your man. After switching to Dr. Kessel from another doctor who I felt spoke down to me, I couldn't be happier with my decision. My baby and I received excellent care, and his dry sense of humor was an added bonus.

September 1st, 2015
I fully recommend Dr. Kessel. He always makes me feel very comfortable and takes the time to answer all of my questions. The practice, however, does not work with doulas.

August 25th, 2015
Great ObGyn!
Dr. Kessel has been my ObGyn for about two years and delivered my second child. The birth of my first did not go smoothly and Dr Kessel was very sensitive to my concerns and went to great lengths to ensure my delivery went really well. During appointments he is thorough and patient. When he gives advice he explains himself very well without being patronizing. Also, my pap smears with him are the easiest I have ever had.

August 17th, 2015
I am so glad I found Dr. Kessel. He really gets to know the patient and listens. He has a great bedside manner.

July 27th, 2015
I have recommended Dr. Kessel to others
Dr. Kessel's dry sense of humor and lighthearted manner puts my husband and me right at ease. He is thorough and happy to spend as much time as we need to talk about our concerns. I was very impressed when he called me on a Sunday night at 9 p.m. to discuss some new test results and discuss treatment. He delivered both of my sons. Our pediatrician has complimented us on Dr. Kessel's excellent circumcisions.

July 8th, 2015
Disappointed
I loved Dr. Kessel in the beginning, but towards the middle/end of my pregnancy it seemed like his schedule was way too swamped. I actually felt like he was annoyed if I had any questions because I was keeping him from his next patient. It almost seemed like he would try to rush out of the room before I had the chance to say anything. He didn't ended up delivering my baby but did check on me the last day I was in the hospital. He actually forgot to fill out one of the scripts (one of the nurses had to call him), and I was completely confused as to what pills I needed to take (iron, antibiotic, painkillers, etc.) and when they needed to be taken. Again, I liked him a lot in the beginning so it pains me to say - I definitely recommend going with a different doctor.

July 2nd, 2015
He's terrible
Dr. Kessel once a week during my pregnancy and he did not remember anything about me week after week. It was awful having to explain myself every week. It's clear he sees too many patients and cannot keep anything straight. He is an alarmist me incredibly nervous throughout my pregnancy. Never any follow-up whatsoever. Will never go back to him.

January 28th, 2011
Best doctor ever!
Dr Kessel is a really amazing doctor. He is very caring and takes time to get to know his patients. He was there through my whole pregnancy and did a great job - I gave birth to an amazing and health baby boy ;) He is very precise and will not let anything slip. He has great bedside manner and knows how to make his patients feel comfortable and at east while at the office. After giving birth, before he left for the day, he took the time to visit us and see how everything was going. I highly recommend Dr Kessel to everyone. He's great!