A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allan Pickens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allan Pickens is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allan Pickens, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
Education & Awards
Dr. Pickens graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Pickens has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Emory Crawford Long Hospital
- Athens Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Allan Pickens MD is a male Surgeon, has 15 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Allan Pickens practice?
- Dr. Allan Pickens has 8 office locations.
Dr. Allan Pickens practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery near Atlanta, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Decatur, GA and Ann Arbor, MI.
See Atlanta Cardiothoracic Surgeons and Atlanta Surgeons.