Dr. Allan Raskin Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Allan Raskin?

Dismissive

Posted on October 24th, 2017

I brought my daughter into the ER on a Saturday afternoon due to a very unusual lesion on her shoulder. It had appeared just that morning. We were concerned about what it was and if treatment was warranted. After waiting approximately 2 hrs to be seen, the doctor looked at the area, without the aide of a light or a magnifying glass, and simply stated he didn't know what it was but it wasn't concerning to him. F/U with dermatologist if it didn't clear up or improve in a week. We didn't wait a week...2 days later we saw dermatologist due to change in the area. Dx is a spider bite but antibiotics and topical steroids were prescribed due to likely bacteria/infection. I found Dr. Raskin to be extremely dismissive. I am not the kind of parent that runs to the doctor (and certainly not an ER) but this acute skin condition was concerning. To tell me that you don't know what it is is perfectly acceptable but I feel that in a hospital setting, he should have been able to consult with a dermatologist on staff.

Posted on March 24th, 2015

Very kind and knowledgeable man.

Posted on October 8th, 2017