Dr. Allan Rison MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 2nd, 2016
Terrible visit
After referral and initial call I was called back the next day. I was told there was a cancellation and I could get that appointment if I could get there in a couple hours. When I got there they had some paperwork for me to fill out, of course outlining my responsibility to ensure payment. I returned to the front desk and asked about pricing and treatment options and was told I'd have to wait and see a doctor and that those issues would be determined after examination. The paperwork also asked me how important it was for me to get medication for my pain treatment. I was to circle a number to express that importance, I circled the number to represent very important. When I got back to the examination room the nurse that escorted me back there talked minimally and after digging her thumbs into my lower back explained that they do spinal injections there and offer no medication as treatment. I told her I was not interested in multiple and expensive, non FDA approved and possibly dangerous spinal injections. She told me that was all they do there and asked if I wanted to see the doctor. My entire conversation with the nurse was about 5 minutes. I had driven an hour and a half to get there and had another hour and a half drive home. I made the trip to see a doctor. When the doctor showed up he barely passed the opening of the door just long enough to introduce himself to shake my hand and then returned to the threshold of the door where he stood and leaned for the very short duration of our conversation. He didn't examine me at all. He told me they only offered spinal injections there. There was a poster on the wall that proclaimed drug free pain relief. I asked the doctor if he drank coffee and he told me he drank lots of coffee. I then commented on the drug free pain relief and how that might work since they didn't offer any medications for me but the doctors who will be injecting my spine are getting all hopped up on caffeine prior to administering these procedures. He replied referencing the new KY laws (HB1) and how it Really ties his hands as to treatment he can offer. Sounds like a one sided drug free situation that is bias toward the doctor who needs to have the study hands to administer the steroid (drug) through injection to a precise location in my spine. The doctor talked to me for maybe 5 minutes if that. A day before I received their bill I got a letter that invited me back to an "after office hours meeting to explain a couple procedures we may have not told you were available, and that can very likely help you"..., "pain interventions you may have missed". I was there seeking pain relief, I didn't miss anything, Interventional Pain Specialists missed out. They could have spent another 5 minutes explaining these options while I was there. They billed me for a half hour visit but I was not in their office being examined or treated for a half hour. I was probably in there by myself waiting for as long a time as I spoke to anyone there. They billed me hundreds of dollars. This felt like an extreme waste of time and money on my part. It seemed very much like a bait and switch. Hurry over and fill our vacant time slot, tell us how important it is for you to get medications (drugs) for your pain, ask and we'll continue to deceive, and now you owe us hundreds of dollars, but we have done nothing for your pain and couldn't even take the time to even tell you about all the options we might offer. This place is a rip-off!

August 4th, 2016
I have been seen by Dr. Rison many times and find him to be an excellent doctor

February 23rd, 2016
Love Pain Doctors
I love Dr. Rison who is going to retire but there is a Dr. Roberts who is replacing him and he seems to be very good only saw him once

September 8th, 2015
Great with Injections
Dr Rison is very skilled at administering injections to your spine. He also offers an IV prior to your procedure . If you have a driver This is the way to go. Not only are you more relaxed , but it really helps with the pain of having a needle stuck into your spine. I ve had injections from several other Docs and he is far more gentle and emphathic.

March 25th, 2015
horrid and terrifying
My husband went to see this so called doc for his back. This guy did NOT do one single test and stuck a needle in his back missed and scraped the bone. Come to find out after going to a real Dr that his back is so eaten up with arthritis other problems that he will end up paralyzed and in a wheelchair. Like a shot is going to help. Thinking of a malpractice suit!

March 24th, 2014
Insults to Injury, I didn't see the signs
This Doctor didn't have 2 minutes for me before I was placed face down on the procedure table. He then counted it as a consult to ask why I thought my questions hadn't been answered by his staff. He expertly and nearly painlessly sent needles into my back aimed at my spin. If you need treatment for any other chronic pain, don't trust his word that had will help you. If your treatment requirements have successfully include a fairly high daily pain prescription beware. He ignored my suffering, and medical records.If you expect dignified discussions with a compassionate professional don't count on him. There are others, even at this practice, who have more compassion. My severe, widespread, highly documented, acute/chronic pain wasn't treated at all. Unfortunately his nurse took her cues from him and treated me in a way that would have gotten me fired when I worked in Nursing. However if all you need are guided injections into your spine he knows what he's doing. When you get a blood-draw, relax, they have great phlebotomists, the best. i God bless peace

January 30th, 2014
unsympathetic with painful procedures
Office waiting room clean. Most of nursing staff nice. It never mattered how nervous or afraid you were of a very procedure about to be done, it was always "you will be fine" "it won't take that long" when you are already in pain then knowing you were about ready to have huge needle placed in your back. He never wanted to listen to the patient. He always acted too busy

August 16th, 2013
ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS $$$$$$ WILL RELEASE YOU on the DAY OF FINAL PROCEDURE WITHOUT TREATMENT!!!
The staff here are the RUDEST people i have ever dealt with in my entire life! Apparently they scheduled me for my final procedure for my treatment plan on a Thursday but on my appointment slip it said the following day on Friday. I requested off for Friday, had Friday in my phone calendar, my fiance marked her calendar per the appointment slip to drive me to and from, and basically everywhere stated my appointment was friday except in their system. So there was human error with the newly hired staff who wrote the incorrect day on my appointment slip. I showed up on the day and time of the appointment that was wrote on the appointment slip and i was told my appointment was the day prior. I was then handed a weeks work of medicine and was given a letter stating Dr. Rison was releasing me as patient because I cost his office too much money by missing my appointment the day before. This is how he/his office treat their patients who pay their balances in full, adhere to his treatment plan and guideline?? I have spent how many months going through this treatment plan and they day he is supposed to do the final procedure we have been working towards for months he RELEASES ME AS A PAITENT???? I thought doctors were supposed to care about their patients healthcare and quality of life ( as he states on his website).. his website is nothing but LIES!!!!!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE WASTED MONEY ON MY TREATMENT PLAN THAT YOU WOULD NOT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH! NOW I HAVE TO FIND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR TO PERFORM THE SAME TREATMENT PLAN AND PROCEDURES AND WASTING ALL MY TIME UNDER YOUR CARE! DR RISON AND STAFF ARE AWESOME PEOPLE!!- NOT!!!!!! Mind you, my appointment time was early in the morning and the office had 2 people in the waiting room other than myself.. they could have worked me in or rescheduled me since they made the error!!!!! AND I only saw Dr. Rison on my first appointment, and for two procedures, otherwise you see his Physician Assistants who spend maybe 3 minutes in the room with you and could care less about your questions and concerns about the upcoming procedures.

October 27th, 2011
Lorena Webb
Dr. Rison, I appreciate your the manner in which you treat me everytime I come to your office. You and your staff are professional and most of all caring. I can't think of any other office where I have been treated with the respect I receive from you and your staff. You take pride in your work and are diligent in making sure you have taken care of my pain. You have made my way of life much better. I can function without pain and sleep at night. I will be forever grateful for what you have done for me.

June 21st, 2011
I have been seeing Dr. Rison for the last 10 years for back problems. He is an outstanding doctor. I would highly recommend him.

May 14th, 2011
Some staff
Some staff is rude and uncaring. They accuse u of something u did not do. They have no respect for u as a patient. The staff has more to say then the dr does. They believe a phone call before they even investigate the issue at hand. I think that the nurses are given too much authority. I thought this was a dr who cared because he himself has the staff to give him injections. Becky needs to learn how to compare voices and give a person the benefit of a doubt. She should of called 911 and not waited 6 1/2 hours later to respond to false alligation. Poor management...

January 27th, 2010
FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC
I cannot say enough good about Dr. Rison. He is everything a patient looks for in a good Doctor and what a treat that is. This Dr. along with the nurses are very attentive to the patient, 1st class all the way! They are great at pinpointing the areas to treat, and answer any questions you may have. The procedures have been wonderful and I am very grateful to be a patient there!