A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allan Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.More Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital at Plainview
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Allan Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Allan Shapiro practice?
Dr. Allan Shapiro practices Internal Medicine near Plainview, NY.
See Plainview Internists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Alan Shapiro, Dr. Allen Shapiro