Dr. Allan Shulkin Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Allan Shulkin?

He is a great Doctor, who is serious but fun to be around !!!

Posted on June 1st, 2017

Made me laugh and made my time at Medical City seem short , the whole bunch is a great bunch to be around , you are Family at Medical City !!!!

dEBORAH aIKENS

Posted on March 31st, 2016

I loved this doctor ! He visited me in the hospital when I delivered my twins! So dedicated

Posted on September 4th, 2015

dr shulkin is the most caring doctor he explains your condition so that you can understand. true he does come in at night. when the nurses found out that dr shulkin was my dr they told me how lucky i was to have him nothing but kind things where said about him. i had a blood clot in my lung. his office calls me each week to get my medicine correct. such a wonderful experance.

Posted on June 10th, 2015

If you are hospitalized, forget about seeing him before midnight. He treats the family poorly, and acts like he is a god, never to be questioned.

Posted on March 13th, 2015

Amazing bed side manner....explained issues in a way i could understand.

One of the biggest hearts possible with a brain to match!

Posted on August 23rd, 2013

After years of seeing this doctor putting his patients and their families lives first at the hospital. The late night hours he was willing to come in to see his patients, I always said THIS is the man I would trust my own family members life to (God forbid they need an expert like him). When I became ill, I had a gut wrenching feeling that the first doctors were missing something about the chest pain I had been having. Immediately following this instinct, the realization that I needed a competent caring doctor to get a second opinion from blindsided me with the fact that I should have called him from day 1 of my initial ICU stay. Despite my delay, this doctor has been so helpful and easy to work with in his ability to trouble shoot what other doctors overlooked. He took the time to sit down with my parents, despite me being an adult, to explain the situation to them and answer not only my questions but theirs as well. I did not give 4 stars on promptness for this reason alone, he deserves more than 4 stars on spending time with the patient and bedside manner. The occasional needs of another patient or an emergency from another patient may impact the schedule of his other patients (I have not experienced it) but if he has a fault, that would be its origin. He really puts my expectations of care from other doctors on a new level. He is very intelligent and always knowledgable but does not come across as an arrogant "know it all." His personality is one that I see him admitting he does not have ALL the answers, but will do everything in his power to get them. He has a huge heart, shows his compassion for his patients and their loved ones and is intelligent to add to it all! I am grateful that I am in his care and trust his decisions and opinion!

A physician's physician

Posted on February 26th, 2013

I was referred by a very comptetent physician to Dr. Shulkin for a cough that had continued for seven weeks. I knew of Dr. Shulkin because a friend of mine with severe pulmanary issues says Dr. Shulkin "saved my life". I contacted his office on a Friday and he found time in his busy schedule to see me the next Monday AM. He was very thorough and friendly, allowed me to ask many questions, disagnosed the problem, perscribed the meds I needed and within a few days the cough was finally under control. I highly recommend him..

Posted on April 4th, 2011

Allan N. Shulkin, MD is the "jaws of life". I would place myself and all my family members in his care! In fact, I have been in his care along with my son and Father. In addition, I have witnessed him saving several lives with split decisive actions!

Posted on October 21st, 2017