Anesthesiologist (pain control), Internists, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

North Dallas
7777 Forest Ln
Ste B202
Dallas, TX 75230
214-566-8900
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  One of the biggest hearts possible with a brain to match!  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2013

After years of seeing this doctor putting his patients and their families lives first at the hospital. The late night hours he was willing to come in to see his patients, I always said THIS is the man I would trust my own family members life to (God forbid they need an expert like him). When I became ill, I had a gut wrenching feeling that the first doctors were missing something about the chest pain I had been having. Immediately following this instinct, the realization that I needed a competent caring doctor to get a second opinion from blindsided me with the fact that I should have called him from day 1 of my initial ICU stay. Despite my delay, this doctor has been so helpful and easy to work with in his ability to trouble shoot what other doctors overlooked. He took the time to sit down with my parents, despite me being an adult, to explain the situation to them and answer not only my questions but theirs as well. I did not give 4 stars on promptness for this reason alone, he deserves more than 4 stars on spending time with the patient and bedside manner. The occasional needs of another patient or an emergency from another patient may impact the schedule of his other patients (I have not experienced it) but if he has a fault, that would be its origin. He really puts my expectations of care from other doctors on a new level. He is very intelligent and always knowledgable but does not come across as an arrogant "know it all." His personality is one that I see him admitting he does not have ALL the answers, but will do everything in his power to get them. He has a huge heart, shows his compassion for his patients and their loved ones and is intelligent to add to it all! I am grateful that I am in his care and trust his decisions and opinion!

|  A physician's physician  |  show details
by Neil D. on Feb 26th, 2013

I was referred by a very comptetent physician to Dr. Shulkin for a cough that had continued for seven weeks. I knew of Dr. Shulkin because a friend of mine with severe pulmanary issues says Dr. Shulkin "saved my life". I contacted his office on a Friday and he found time in his busy schedule to see me the next Monday AM. He was very thorough and friendly, allowed me to ask many questions, disagnosed the problem, perscribed the meds I needed and within a few days the cough was finally under control. I highly recommend him..

|  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

Allan N. Shulkin, MD is the "jaws of life". I would place myself and all my family members in his care! In fact, I have been in his care along with my son and Father. In addition, I have witnessed him saving several lives with split decisive actions!

|  Dr Shulkin is the best!  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2010

God used Dr. Allan Shulkin to save my life. He is exceptionally brilliant and skilled in critical care. He is also very compassionate and a kind southern gentleman. He consulted only the best of physician's to be on my case and I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for him. May GOD bless him and all his family for eternity. Sandra Schoonover