A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allan Simpson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allan Simpson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Simpson graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Simpson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- University of Virginia Medical Center
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Simpson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans