Dr. Allan Wirtzer Is this you?

Ms. N.M

Posted on November 28th, 2016

I have (or was) been a payient of Dr. Wirtzer's since his office was next to Valley Presbyterian. My first office visit was very positive. My previous Dermatologist was located in Burbank and was amazing as a physician but his untimely passing (bone cancer) sent me in search of another Dermatologist and if I could fin someone half the caliber as a phgysician and professional, then I felt it would be a good start. Dr. Wirtzer was exceptional from the start. In 1989, his practice was not as busy and so my typical office visit wait-time was not more than 15 minutes. However, due to his popularity as a physician and patient/consumer demand for his services he moved to a larger location on Van Nuys and Riverside Drive. I continued to see Dr. Wirtzer until his untimely passing this month. I have read all of the negative comments on this site but honestly I never experienced a negative bed-side manner, pricey deductibles or lofty prices in medical care. These doctors go to school for more than 10 to 12 years and many of which incur lofty educational debts to pursue their careers as physicians. If at anytime I could not afford Dr. Wirtzer's prices, I could pursue a physician elsewhere. I received consultations for other services from Dr. Wirtzer and NOT ONCE did I ever feel pressured to receive a service from him. In fact, Dr. Wirtzer has discouraged me from pursuing services when he thought/felt there was a much more long-term accepting procedure. I never expected Dr. Wirtzer to play God with me, nor did he ever try. Rest peacefully Dr. Allan Wirtzer.

Film and TV Make- Up Artist.

Posted on September 1st, 2015

Dr Witzers nurse is a rude impersonal woman. I'm going on the last time I called the office and talked to her. Which was about 2 years ago. Or more. Not sure she is still with him. . But the rest of his staff are great. Front desk. Lovely. All in all I do recommend people to Dr Wirtzer all the time. He's just amazing. Great manner and a very skilled. I'm about to book another skin treatment appointment soon.

knows his stuff, I trust him, office staff are the best.

Posted on April 7th, 2015

be careful

Posted on January 30th, 2014

Found guilty of negligence by California Medical Board

Posted on November 10th, 2012

Dr. Wirtzer was responsible for the untimely death of my mother, a healthy, beautiful 63 year old, after performing a second facelift surgery to correct the first one in which the outcome was unsatisfactory.. He was disciplined by the California Medical Board after a long investigation which determined he was negligent on multiple counts.

Loved my experience and results

Posted on January 20th, 2011

Wonderful doctor. Wonderful staff. My results are what I love the most. Look in the mirror and can't believe it.

Posted on April 19th, 2010

will never recommend him to others due to his poor bedside mannaers and arrogance

Posted on January 2nd, 2010

I have been going to Alan Wirtzer since 1986 and have never had a negative experience. The staff does seem to change, but who cares. The Dr. is the person that needs to stay. Who cares if he is money hungry.I will say one thing. Their policy of having you pay the deductible is slap in the face

Patient

Posted on December 23rd, 2009

Every procedure I've had; laser, facial filler and vein removal, worked out incredibly well. He has a very nice bed side manner.

Bad bedside manner, refused to cooperate with patient that had poor cosmetic results from one of his procedures, ego based,

Posted on December 16th, 2009

This doctor has an ego the size of Texas, his staff has a revolving door, since they can not tolerate his behavior. Bad nedside manner, poor follow-up, refused to cooperate with poor cosmetic injectables he preformed , with bad results. Pleanty of other doctors who are patient oriented and have great skill with injectable fillers for the face!

notice how...

Posted on October 23rd, 2009

the only people who write reviews on here are the fraction that are unhappy with their experience. i have been a patient of dr. wirtzer's for many years and he has proven to be a great physician as well as an even better man.

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on May 29th, 2009

Dr. Alan Wirtzer in Sherman Oaks, CA is a super money hungry and untalented doctor. He botched every procedure he did with me. I had to go back in for numerous corrections. HE WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !