Dr. Allan Stewart Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Allan Stewart?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 9th, 2017

Saved my life

Dr. Stewart saw me on 2 days notice and immediately put my mind at ease. He spoke to me in real world words that I could understand and explained everything. His work was flawless. His manners before and after were great. Aortic Valve & Aortic root replacement.

May 4th, 2015

Dr. Stewart did an amazing job on my brother's ASD closure and on my mother's Aortic Root Replacement. My brother was told after having a stroke at an early age and being in otherwise excellent health that his condition would be managed with medications. This news did not sit well with my brother, so he decided to consult with Dr. Stewart about his prognosis. Dr. Stewart solved the problem and my brother has been able to carry on with his life without medication. He is thrilled he chose Dr. Stewart to help him through what could have been a much worse time in his life. My nearly 87 year old mother found out she had an aortic aneurysm that needed immediate attention. She spoke with other doctors first, but they scared her. Upon seeing Dr. Stewart she reported, "His confidence lifted what felt like the weight of the world from my shoulders." She decided to have the lengthy and complicated surgery with Dr. Stewart and she is beyond thankful she no longer has to be concerned about the ticking time bomb that was once inside of her. We owe Dr. Stewart a lot of thanks and praise for helping out our family. We highly recommend him!

January 5th, 2015

Traveled from MO to NYC for surgery

I have a rare condition and was having trouble finding a doctor who could operate on this without doing a thoracotomy or cracking my chest open. I found Dr. Stewart on heartvalvesurgery.com and he contacted me via his cell phone on a Sunday evening. He was easy to talk to, explained how he could help and followed up with me. Angel Flight got my husband and I to NYC and one of the first things Dr. Stewart said was "you're not going to die". When you're in this position of course that's what you and your family are worrying about. Dr. Stewart and a fellow thoracic surgeon Dr. Ellozy operated on me and I spent one night in the hospital. I will never recommend another cardiothoracic surgeon. He is the best!

July 3rd, 2013

Best in the Tri-State Area for Aortic Surgery

I am an MD myself and was unexpectedly diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm when my wife was 7 months pregnant. Needless to say, I felt a overarching desire to find the best surgeon in the area (we live in New Jersey). It did not take an incredible amount of research to see that Dr. Stewart at Columbia is the best in the tri-state area. His team has one of the lowest mortality and stroke rate of any cardiothoracic group in the world; nearly zero percent depending on the case. And with the minimally invasive approach, the incision is on 3+ inches and one can return to work in 4 weeks. I went home after 4 days in the hospital. If you have an aortic aneurysm and your insurance covers Dr. Stewart, I highly advise you see him. There are certain operations where you absolutely need the foremost high-end specialist, and this is one of them. The Vivian and Seymour Milstein Family Heart Center at Columbia is essentially a mini-hospital dedicated to heart surgery. So you know you are in experienced hands across the board.

October 4th, 2009

Awesome surgeon. He saved my life when no one else would give me a chance

April 14th, 2016