A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allen Barnes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allen Barnes is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barnes
Erectile Dysfunction Patient Education What is ED? Read our erectile dysfunction patient education guide to learn all about ED and how to treat erection problems.Before Visiting Dr. Barnes Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allen Barnes, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Barnes graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Barnes has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Overton Brooks Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Allen Charles Barnes MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 50 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Allen C. Barnes practice?
- Dr. Allen Barnes has 2 office locations.
Dr. Allen Barnes practices Psychiatry near Shreveport, LA.
See Shreveport Psychiatrists.