A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allen Berkowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allen Berkowitz is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allen Berkowitz, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sprains and Strains
- Stress Fractures
- Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Finger Disorder
Education & Awards
Dr. Berkowitz graduated from University of Rochester .
Dr. Berkowitz has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Underwood Memorial Hospital
- Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Berkowitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Allen R. Berkowitz practice?
Dr. Allen Berkowitz practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Woodbury, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Marlton, NJ and Somers Point, NJ.
See Woodbury Surgeons.