A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allen Chiang:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allen Chiang, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Chiang graduated from New York University.
Dr. Chiang has 6 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chiang accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Allen Chiang practice?
Dr. Allen Chiang practices Ophthalmology near Sylmar, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Oakland, CA and Fremont, CA.
See Sylmar Ophthalmologists.