A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allen Ciuffo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allen Ciuffo is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allen Ciuffo, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ciuffo graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Ciuffo has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ciuffo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Allen A. Ciuffo practice?
Dr. Allen Ciuffo practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Rheumatology, and Interventional Cardiology near Norfolk, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Hampton, VA and Virginia Beach, VA.
See Norfolk Internists, Norfolk Cardiologists, and Norfolk Rheumatologists.