Dr. Allen Fisher DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 12th, 2015
Dr. Fisher is Outstanding
Have know Dr. Fisher for many years. Dr. Fisher is excellent as are all of the office members.

February 5th, 2014
I was sick on a Sunday and had to seek immediate care. I had pneumonia and was given meds and told to follow up with Dr. Fisher. I was not getting any better after 3 days and when I called to make an appointment I was told that since I had went to another facility to obtain treatment, he would not see me. Every time that I went to him with an issue, the only thing he would do was write a referral and send me to another dr for care. He doesn't seem like he wants to be bothered with any issues.

August 25th, 2013
I would NOT recommend this doctor.
Dr. Fisher seems ok in the beginning, however if you should need him at a time when he doesn't have visiting hours, he expects you to wait until you are given an appointment. If your situation requires that you seek help elsewhere, Dr. Fisher has a hissy fit and refuses to see you after that. I truly believe that he has very little interest in actually helping anyone.

June 2nd, 2012
v ery kind and caring doctor and staff

May 2nd, 2012
GREAT DOCTOR
I was Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Dr Fisher spent almost an hour talking to me and answering my questions and fears. Wonderful bedside manner

April 7th, 2012
Do NOT go to Dr Fisher
Among my complaints: **His hours are terrible and he only accepts cash or check. (I can live with this part.)**He instructs his calling service that he does not call in medication refills on weekends. (not good since breathing is kind of important and all I need is a routine inhaler refill -- looks like I'm stuck until Monday unless I make a $100 trip to the ER)**Last summer, I was ill and tried to see if I could get well on my own. It didn't work and I got to the point where I needed to see someone at least within the next day or two but he had no openings until the end of the week, which I took. But I started feeling so bad I went to Urgent Care, they ran some tests, and told me to keep my appointment with Dr. Fisher so that he could look over the test results and provide care. DR FISHER REFUSED TO SEE ME THAT FRIDAY BECAUSE I HAD GONE TO URGENT CARE. Ended up being admitted to the ER.I liked him during my initial visit and the staff are wonderful but, after these two incidents, I'm dropping him immediately!!!

August 4th, 2011
Ignored Cancer Symptoms
Dr. Fisher dismissed my complaints of constipation and rectal bleeding for two full years -- saying that they were normal for women in my age group approaching menopause. Unsatisfied, I went to another doctor who ordered an immediate colonoscopy. I was diagnosed with late-stage colon cancer.

May 17th, 2011
Contrary to previous patient entry, I am a current, very satisfied patient of Dr. Fisher's, and I respect and appreciate that Dr. Fisher has follow up appts with his patients to discuss lab and test results. Why would anyone want to discuss their health issues and results, "routine" or not, with a receptionist or medical assistant ? I've also been employed in the medical field for thirty years, and never heard of a patient complaining "their doctor wanted to spend time with them in follow up"! Only the opposite...The previous negative comment gives one the impression that he/she just might not ever be satisfied, and obviously knows nothing about quality healthcare or insurance billing/payment if their impression is doctors only work for the money. ha ha! what a clueless fool the previous commentor is. Hopefully, he/she found a doctor who doesn't care enough to make sure they follow up and "doesn't want to see them". Good luck to you, as you'll need it, and, you'll also need a good doctor one day. You don't belong or deserve to be a patient in Dr. Fisher's practice.

April 22nd, 2011
Horrible Physician
Doctor and Office Manager very rude and arrogant. Doctor requires patient to return to office for routine lab results so he can collect office visit fees. Horrible experience!

February 20th, 2011
Worst Experience Ever!
I recently established Primary Care with Dr. A. Craig Fisher. I saw him a total of four times. The first three visits were Great. The last appointment I made with him was a consiltation to quit smoking. The first five mins. of this visit went fine. Just general questions such as how long have you smoked, what have you tried in the past to quit, what worked, what didn't? I went on to tell him I had tried the patch as well as the gum with no success. I informed him that I had quit for two years using Welbutrin, that was originaly prescribed for depression. He then informed me " This is not come in and place your order" He also told me I was a "Typical American" and should quit on my own. He also told me I should see a Psychiatrist!?!? My response was EXCUSE me, I need to see a Psychiatrist to quit smoking? He replied that I was giving him a hard time and that I was MANIPULATING him, this as he got up and walked out of the room!!!! This was by far the WORST experience I have ever had with ANY person EVER! I have also filed a complaint with Maryland Board Of Physicians. [Less]I recently established Primary Care with Dr. A. Craig Fisher. I saw him a total of four times. The first three visits were Great. The last appointment I made with him was a consiltation to quit smoking. The first five mins. of this visit went fine. Just general questions such as how long have you smoked, what have you tried in the past to quit, what worked, what didn't? I went on to tell hi [More]

November 13th, 2009