Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  show details
Apr 7th, 2014

I agree with Mr. McNiff's comment on Mar. 18, 2014. My calls are never returned! Extrememly frustrating! I definitely feel more like a number than a patient. I've been with this practice for years and was happy with the service when I was able to see the doctor. I am so frustrated with the lack of service and attention, I am seeking medical care elsewhere.

|  Not happy  |  show details
by David McNiff on Mar 18th, 2014

Overall the practice from my experience is very poorly run. Calls not returned. VERY SLOW referrals. Just extremely inept

|  YOU WANT TO SEE A P.A. GO TO ALLEN MAX GERMAINE  |  show details
by DANNY LEE ADAMS on Sep 9th, 2013

YEARS AGO I WENT TO DR. GERMAINE BECAUSE MY BROTHER GOES TO HIM. I SAW DR. GERMAINE ON MY FIRST TWO VISITS. EVERY VISIT SINCE THEN ALL I SAW WAS ONE OF HIS P.A's. I'M NOW ON DISABILITY. ON MAY 2012 MY WEIGHT WAS 230 lbs. NOW I WEIGH 165. FOR THE LAST WEEK I'VE BEEN FEELING POORLY AND HAVING PROBLEMS KEEPING FOOD DOWN SO I MADE AN APPOINTMENT JUST TO SEE DR. GERMAINE. WHEN HIS P.A. CAME INTO MY EXAMINATION ROOM AND TOLD ME THAT I WONT BE SEEING DR. GERMAINE, IF I'M NOT WORTHY OF BEING SEEN BY MY DOCTOR, WELL I WON'T WASTE ANY MORE OF HIS TIME.

|  Best Doctor ever  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2011

I have had the best care ever in this office. When I need to see Dr Germaine I always get to see him. He spends time with me and gets the needed tests done and his office calls back with the results with in the week. I did try another doctor and went right back to Dr. Germain. I will stay put.

|  Bad service Doctor doesn't care to see anyone  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

At Dr Germaine's office you can expect to be greeted by rude staff, never see an actual doctor and play the prescription guessing game until they stumble upon something that happens to fix your issue. In addition it takes them a week to follow up with you on labs and they have never responded to my voicemails.... ever.

|  Disappointing care  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2011

Very disappointed in Dr. Germaine and staff! I recently saw Dr. Germaine was given very poor care. He was uncertain of what my condition was and how to treat it and told me he would call me when he got more info. I then waited for his call but did not receive a call back after 2 weeks. I then had to call his office and it took over 2 days for his staff to return my call only to tell me I needed to make another appointment to speak with Dr. Germaine. I then called back again to try to speak with Dr. Germaine as he suggested only to be told that Dr. Germaine will not speak to any patient over the phone and will only talk to me if I made an additional appointment. I will definitely not be going back to him and have since switched primary care physicians.

|  04/05/2011  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

I have never seen Doctor Allen Germaine, although he is my Doctor. Over the last 4 years- I have been to Dr. Germaine's office 5-6 times, but each time I see a physicians assistant. The average wait time was 30-45 minutes. some of the PA's are good, others are arrogant, rude and uncaring.

|  full price for student doctor  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2011

I have been to this office ten times and make an appointment with Dr. Germaine only to have a student Doctor show up in my room, at the end of the checkup the Doctor comes in and says hi and I guess double checks his student/intern (and Im talking a PA) ... I feel like I paid full price for half of the service and half of the care

|  Read this....  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Germaine for five years now. I now only go to him for prescription refills. He is useless otherwise. Well unless I have a cold or something simple. It is just him and a few useless P.A.'s. God forbid you should get sick on the weekend as no one will ever return a call after hours. He is more concerned with his computer than his patients. He does have knowledge, if you can get the information out of him, but is horrible with follow-up. And as mentioned in other comments, he does not ever suggest further testing. You would have to have an autopsy before he would figure out what was wrong with you. My mother-in-law also went to him. She had COPD and other illnesses and on numerous ocassions was sent home with antibiotics and later that day admitted to the hospital with double Pneumonia. The last time she saw him he sent her home. She was hospitalized a few days later diagnosed with bone cancer throughout her body. She died three days later. She saw him every month and he never caught it. There are no other doctors in his practice now. His brother used to be, but was being investigated by the medical board for excessively prescribing pain meds. After this they started testing anyone who took more than an asprin and charging the patient or their insurance for the test. They said that it was due to federal restrictions. B.S. It probably had something to do with his brother. I guess he really means family first - His Family.

|  Great Doctor, Not-So-Great Staff  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

I love Dr. Germaine. He has always taken his time with me. He makes sure that I understand what's going on and all my questions are answered before I leave (unless test results are pending, of course). When he prescribes medications, he always explains why he's prescribing a certain medication and how it should work to help whatever symptoms I may have. He has never hesitated to refer me to specialists when I ask. However, his referral coordinator has dropped the ball in the past and I have had to call to get it processed. Overall, I think he is a wonderful doctor, but the staff needs a little work.

|  Potential DEADLY experience  |  show details
by A loving Daughter on May 18th, 2010

My mother had been a patient of DR Germaine for over 12 years. She believed and trusted him as most patients do with thier doctors. I became involved with my mothers care shortly after my father died. I took my mother in because she was not acting right loss of memory, disoriented and dizzy, abnormally calm. She would space out while talking to her or stare off into the tv and not recognize she was speaking to you and stopped in the middle of a sentence. She had taken several falls over the course of a few short weeks. He was looking at a woman whom previously was able to walk. In a few short weeks she had gone from walking with out assistance to walking with a walker, then unable to walk a few feet and was in a wheel chair. He said to take her home and get her on bed rest for a week or two. He never ran a single test and spent less than 10 minutes in the room, Most of that time was verifying the prescription meds she was taking.A very long list I might add. My mother has had cancer 3x's, is a diabetic, has glaucoma, high blood pressure, angina and anxiety and asthma to name a few. He has never rcomended a pediatrist wich is normal for a diabetic nor did he ever take the time to check her feet himself. He never recomended routine tests according to her age. He never did much exept authorize perscriptions. Even at that I would halve to call the office each time because his office would not respond to the Pharmacies refill request, which his office says to have the Pharmacy fax it over. A week would go by and the office still would not have responded. It wasn't because the fax number was wrong either. I checked into that. My mother had been denied routine refferrals. An endocronologist for her Diabetes, A gastrointestinal specialist when her oncologist requested it because of chronic heartburn over the course of months. We previously had talked to Germaine he said only to take prilosec. Again never ran any tests or refferred her to a specialist. I mentioned her oncologist requested a gastrointestinal doctor to run some test because of her medical history and the onset of the chronic heartburn. The oncologist was rejected too. I had to fight to get the refferral to a diabetes specialist and for the GI Dr. Her Oncologist was more concerned about her welfare than Dr Germaine ever has been. My mother is seeing an oncologist because instead of taking her to home and putting her on bed rest I demanded a brain scan. The technician ran the scan and looked at it, showed it to me and said take her to the emergency room now. He was looking at a tumor in her brain. Dr Germain had mis diagnosed my mother. By the end of that night at the ER waiting to be seen she was no longer even able to get up on her feet. If I had not demanded the brain scan she would have died within the one to two weeks of bed rest that he reconmended. She lost all motor functions, had several brain surgeries and radiation and chemo therapy. She had to have physical therapy to learn to walk again and spent two months in the hopital recovering. A total of 16 months of treatments and hospital stays every month for 3-4 days recieving her treatments. In my opinion, He should no longer be practicing medicine. It scares me to think of how many patients completely trust him who don't have someone to fight for them. My mother is alive! She is in remicient. Because she is a fighter. She is no longer a patient of DR. Allen Germaine. Thank God.

|  Very unprofessional staff !  |  show details
by Mia on Apr 21st, 2010

I am extremely disappointed in Dr. Germaine's staff! I have been left on the phone for 20 min just to get an appointment or get a question asked! I have left messages and had no response or if I did get a call back it was 2 to 3 days later. What a joke! There referral coordinator is incompetent! Don't expect to get a referral when she says she is going to give you one or send it out....It's not going to happen! You will have to call and call and call to get anywhere with anyone in this office. I am looking for a new Doctor for myself and for my extended family and friends. We will no longer see this Doctor!

|  He's great  |  show details
by mheffel on Jun 2nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

We have been seeing Dr. Germaine for years. He is very friendly and gets to know his patients. His staff is great and they really take care of you.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com