Ophthalmologist (Retina)
Video profile

Celia A. show details Celia A.
Aug 25th, 2016

Top Dr. - Saved my sight.

Dr. Allen H. - a caring, competent physician. show details Dr. Allen H. - a caring, competent physician.
by Allen M. Metzger on Jul 22nd, 2016

He treats both me and my wife. We love him. He gets the highest ratings among his peers. That is well deserved (in my opinion) but he is also a very nice person and a caring doctor.

Major Eye Surgery Review show details Major Eye Surgery Review
Jul 14th, 2016

This was my first eye surgery! I am so grateful that I was in the hands of an excellent surgeon! Dr. H's expertise with retina and macular disorders gave me comfort as I proceeded with the surgery. I was totally pleased with my outcome and am healing every day. Thank you!

Jul 13th, 2016

Amazing Doctor. An handsome too!

Disappointment show details Disappointment
by Rich on May 27th, 2016

I went to this Dr expecting a good expierance. I was very very disappointed . He rushed through my exam, did not answer my question. Was actually rude! When I tried to ask him a question about a treatment option, he was already walking out of the exam room. From the door frame he replied that I should consider myself just lucky that I wasn't needing surgery and then he walked out on me. Don't waste your time. His success has gone to his head and has zero bedside manners. I left insulted. I travelled three hours to see this expert! Now I stick with my local specialist who I appreciate so much more now. The expierance is not what you would see with any other doctor at the prestigious institution where he practices.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Rhea A on Dec 5th, 2015

He is an extremely skilled , knowledgeable physician with a caring and gentle disposition.He answers all my questions, and never rushes through a visit. Under his competent care, my vision continues to remain stable. His staff is well-trained and courteous. I highly recommend this physician and this office without reservations.

Tops! Highly recommend. show details Tops! Highly recommend.
by J. Falcon on Dec 1st, 2015

He is a rare physician/surgeon in today's environment: among the best in his field, excellent bedside manner, listens to you and calmly addresses your questions. Highly recommend him.

by Sara Rooney on Sep 16th, 2015

I had to have laser surgery for a tear in my retina and felt that my doctor was very reassuring and made me feel comfortable. He has a very nice disposition. He answered all of my questions and my mom's, too. I did not feel rushed in anyway.

Sep 15th, 2015

SEEMS VERY THOROUGH AND CONFIDENT

by Charles Cesare on Jul 1st, 2014

I first met Dr. Allen H. the morning of my emergency eye surgery for a torn and detached retina. Dr. H. was very reassuring about the surgery and put me at ease right away. I was very confident I was in good hands. In my follow-up appointment with Dr. H. I learned that the surgery went very well. Dr. H. showed a sincere interest in my progress, was up beat, very friendly and very accommodating in answering all my questions. I would confidently recommend Dr. H. for anyone seeking retina eye care. Dr. H. definitely upholds the world-class reputation of Wills Eye Hospital.

Mid Atlantic Retina at Wills in Philadelphia are great! show details Mid Atlantic Retina at Wills in Philadelphia are great!
by Greg Brown on Jun 21st, 2014

The Dr and his team are always extremely pleasant. Everybody on the 10th floor at Wills are really nice. I feel that i am getting the very best treatment every visit. I would never even consider going anyplace else for my eye care

May 1st, 2013

I disagree with some of the reviews. He rushed through my exams and did not find him to be thorough at all. He made the wrong diagnosis on me. I am not returning to him.

by Karen volpe on Apr 18th, 2013

Would highly recommend.

Best choice in Ophthalmologist show details Best choice in Ophthalmologist
by L. Robinson on Apr 6th, 2013

Saved my eyesight. Ongoing treatment excellent. Kind and gentle and caring doctor.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Eileen E on Apr 5th, 2013

I found this doctor to be very professional, very knowledgeable, and very caring. He was always willing to answer all my question no matter how trivial they were. The exam he gave me was amazing. I have been to other retinal specialists in central NJ and never received such a through exam. After the exam he took the time to explain just what was happening with my eyes. I had to have surgery on both eyes for a retinal hole. Again he took the time to explain the procedure and what to expect post op. Both were very successful and the follow up care was consistent with the care and concern I received pre op. I would definitely recommend this doctor to any family member or friend who had a retinal problem. As a matter of fact I already have. Some people complain about the wait in his office but I feel it is worth the wait. I have never felt rushed once I got to the examine room and was pleased with the care I received.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by Fran Keating on Apr 3rd, 2013

My husband and I have been treated by the doctor for over 3 years. My husband had a detachment and I had a retina tear. We find him to be an excellent doctor and we credit him for our successful eye health. Not only is he extremely competent, he spends the time to explain the diagnosis and treatment in understandable terms. We have referred numerous friends to him and they report absolute and complete satisfaction. His office is busy - but that should be expected for his type of practice. We recommend him without hesitation.

Excellent Doc show details Excellent Doc
by Barbara Newcomer on Mar 29th, 2013

Dr. Allen H. has been consistently, caring, professional in the four years that he has been treating my macular degeneration. His research has aided me and many others patients.

Professional Care - Highly Recommend show details Professional Care - Highly Recommend
Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Allen H. is very professional. Great patient connection, especially with the elderly clients. I would highly recommend Dr. Allen H.

Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
by Mike E on Mar 25th, 2013

Extremely skilled retina specialist that communicates well with patients. Excellent staff at each location I've visited.

father of young adult show details father of young adult
by barry kelly on Mar 6th, 2013

one of the most caring informative knoledgeful dr ive ever met on care after care for an eye disease my daughter had losing vision in one eye

will not return show details will not return
Mar 3rd, 2013

May 13th, 2012

Very disappointed. Felt rushed during appointment, didn't take time to answer my questions, lack of privacy-you can see and hear what's going on while he's examining other patients - doesn't shut door. Very impersonal experience...assembly like feel in the way the office is run. Says "we're gonna take good care of you"....but I didn't feel it!