Ophthalmologist (Retina)
Video profile
501 Cooper Landing Rd
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
856-667-2246
Locations and availability (10)

3.0

by Charles Cesare on Jul 1st, 2014

I first met Dr. Allen H. the morning of my emergency eye surgery for a torn and detached retina. Dr. H. was very reassuring about the surgery and put me at ease right away. I was very confident I was in good hands. In my follow-up appointment with Dr. H. I learned that the surgery went very well. Dr. H. showed a sincere interest in my progress, was up beat, very friendly and very accommodating in answering all my questions. I would confidently recommend Dr. H. for anyone seeking retina eye care. Dr. H. definitely upholds the world-class reputation of Wills Eye Hospital.

|  Mid Atlantic Retina at Wills in Philadelphia are great!  |  show details
by Greg Brown on Jun 21st, 2014

The Dr and his team are always extremely pleasant. Everybody on the 10th floor at Wills are really nice. I feel that i am getting the very best treatment every visit. I would never even consider going anyplace else for my eye care

Oct 1st, 2013

May 1st, 2013

I disagree with some of the reviews. He rushed through my exams and did not find him to be thorough at all. He made the wrong diagnosis on me. I am not returning to him.

by Karen volpe on Apr 18th, 2013

Would highly recommend.

|  Best choice in Ophthalmologist  |  show details
by L. Robinson on Apr 6th, 2013

Saved my eyesight. Ongoing treatment excellent. Kind and gentle and caring doctor.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Eileen E on Apr 5th, 2013

I found this doctor to be very professional, very knowledgeable, and very caring. He was always willing to answer all my question no matter how trivial they were. The exam he gave me was amazing. I have been to other retinal specialists in central NJ and never received such a through exam. After the exam he took the time to explain just what was happening with my eyes. I had to have surgery on both eyes for a retinal hole. Again he took the time to explain the procedure and what to expect post op. Both were very successful and the follow up care was consistent with the care and concern I received pre op. I would definitely recommend this doctor to any family member or friend who had a retinal problem. As a matter of fact I already have. Some people complain about the wait in his office but I feel it is worth the wait. I have never felt rushed once I got to the examine room and was pleased with the care I received.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Fran Keating on Apr 3rd, 2013

My husband and I have been treated by the doctor for over 3 years. My husband had a detachment and I had a retina tear. We find him to be an excellent doctor and we credit him for our successful eye health. Not only is he extremely competent, he spends the time to explain the diagnosis and treatment in understandable terms. We have referred numerous friends to him and they report absolute and complete satisfaction. His office is busy - but that should be expected for his type of practice. We recommend him without hesitation.

|  Excellent Doc  |  show details
by Barbara Newcomer on Mar 29th, 2013

Dr. Allen H. has been consistently, caring, professional in the four years that he has been treating my macular degeneration. His research has aided me and many others patients.

|  Professional Care - Highly Recommend  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Allen H. is very professional. Great patient connection, especially with the elderly clients. I would highly recommend Dr. Allen H.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Mike E on Mar 25th, 2013

Extremely skilled retina specialist that communicates well with patients. Excellent staff at each location I've visited.

|  father of young adult  |  show details
by barry kelly on Mar 6th, 2013

one of the most caring informative knoledgeful dr ive ever met on care after care for an eye disease my daughter had losing vision in one eye

|  will not return  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2013

May 13th, 2012

Very disappointed. Felt rushed during appointment, didn't take time to answer my questions, lack of privacy-you can see and hear what's going on while he's examining other patients - doesn't shut door. Very impersonal experience...assembly like feel in the way the office is run. Says "we're gonna take good care of you"....but I didn't feel it!