Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  A nightmare, especially for women.  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2014

I left his office in tears. He was the only Urologist in Hunterdon County that I could see with medicaid. I was in so much pain. He looked disgusted with me, like I was one of those hysterical women that he was not going to treat. This doctor is the epitome of sexism. I felt like I was talking (arguing) with Rush Limbaugh about my bladder and private parts. It was awful! He even said to me, "I don't know what is wrong with you." Hunterdon county needs a female urologist that accepts medicaid and treats patients with interstitial cystitis!!! If you have interstitial cystitis try Princeton Urogynecology.

|  what a jerk of a doctor  |  show details
by Mark k johnston on May 12th, 2014

this guy is a joke as well as a jerk he thinks he is all that i had surgery there at his office then a year later the problem came back he told me he couldnt help me and told me my problem was normal

|  show details
Apr 16th, 2014

Saw him twice with the same symptoms. After the first time I was hesitant to go back but the issue was only getting worse. Both times he basically told me it was all in my head. He was rude, dismissive and just offensive. I've never has another Dr make me feel so insignificant or hopeless. It almost seemed as he only even examined me after me having to almost argue my case with him like I was lying.. I accepted his answer after two visits but knew something was wrong, its my body afterall. Saw a gp, examined, sent for ultrasound, problem confirmed, reffered to another urologist by request. Worst experience with a Dr that I've ever had.

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2014

Problem with Hunterdon County he is the only urologist in the area. I had kidney stones and he did a fine job of having them removed with the shock waves. However a month or so later I felt pain and went back. He said there were no more stones he took care of it and basically blew me off. He did not appear concerned and I felt rushed. I went to another urologist in Somerville and he found that I still had stones that was causing my pain.

|  Terrible Bedside Manor  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2012

This man has no bedside manor.He was abrupt, showed no interest in me and rude at best. I can not recommend him.

|  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

I went along with my husband to see Dr. Kern for a second opinion about his advanced prostate cancer. Dr. Kern rendered his opinion in a cold, clinical manner, not sparing my husband any details about how his cancer is not curable and eventually will take his life. He also didn't acknowledge me or my presence in the room until five minutes had elapsed by asking "is this the wife?" nor did he acknowledge me at the end of the visit. I regret that we didn't leave at the beginning of the session, as my husband was completely devastated by Dr. Kern's's manner of delivering his "opinion."

|  Waited for an hour for a three minute visit  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

Got an appointment for the next day so that was impressive. Got checked in quickly, the woman at the desk was friendly. My experience started going downhill the longer I waited. I waited about 45 minutes before being taken back to the exam room then over 15 more before the doctor came in to see me. When I finally saw him, he was just OK. He kind of rushed through the visit and did not take much time to review my notes I gave him... He wasn't horrible but not great either.

|  Dreadful  |  show details
by Kate F. on Jul 17th, 2010

It felt as if the whole time he was telling me I was lying, that my pain in my kidneys lay elsewhere, and he couldn't help me, but then my cultures came back positive for infection. I choose to go to another doctor to treat me.